Gabriel (Gabe) Falsetta was born Brooklyn, New York, 1943. He graduated from the New York School of Printing. In 1961 Falsetta served a five year apprenticeship with the International Typographical Union (local 6). (now part of the CWA).
Attended Cornell Labor School: Associates degree in labor history (never received the actual degree.... laid off from work could not afford to continue). Worked in the graphic arts industry up to 2001 Joined the Communist Party USA in 2002. He serves as an office manager/organizer with the Nat'l Org. Dept and is "heavily involved with my club and electoral work."
Gabe Falsetta and the Communist Party;
- I'm not sure where to start, so much to think about. Well, let me start from my first experience meeting a communist. As a young man of twenty-one working in the graphic arts industry, I met a member of the International Typographical Union he was a proofreader. Getting to know him, his thoughts, opened my eyes to racism and class; at twenty-one I was a late bloomer to politics.
- I'll never forget reading a 150-page book called "Point of Rebellion" given to me by my co-worker written by Chief Justice William O'Douglas. My long talks with this friend were my education to the class struggle and to institutionalized racism; he was a communist. Point of Rebellion was the foundation that explained the Watts race "riots" in the sixties and the conditions that led up the them.
- The wonderful human beings I've met at the Unity Book store, the classes I took with Herbert Aptheker that deepened my understanding of class and race. Those that nurtured my growth, all were members of the Communist Party. There was a phrase that Dr. Aptheker used I'll never forget - If you don't know the past, you won't understand the present and you may never grasp the possibilities of the future.
He is the partner of Tina Nannarone.
Communist Party USA
Angie Lebowitz, Betty Smith, Bill Davis, Bob Beachman, Carole Marks, Charlotte Sinovoi, Dan Margolis, Eileen Reardon, Estelle Katz, Esther Moroze, Gabe Falsetta, Gary Bono, George Robbins, Gloria Freedman, Grace Bassett, Judith Paulsen, Ken Besaw, Linda Feldman, Martin Sawma, Michael Moore, Rose Bilander.
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Gabe Falsetta.
CPUSA Environmental Action
CPUSA Environmental Action is a Facebook closed group. It is "a meeting place for members and friends of the Communist Party USA to discuss environmental issues (especially climate change), share information, and coordinate activities".
As of June 21, 2017 members included Gabe Falsetta;
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included Gabe Falsetta.
- Convention Discussion: What's in a name? by: GABE FALSETTA May 22 2014
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006