Filipino Advocates for Justice
Filipino Advocates for Justice is an organization with the purpose of fostering the Filipino community with the power to advance social and economic justice, and to realize democratic and human rights for everyone. It organizes constituents, develops leaders, provides services, and advocates "for policies that promote social and economic justice and equity for all."
The organization was previously known as the Filipinos for Affirmative Action from when it was established in 1973 until it became the Filipino Advocates for Justice. It was founded on the belief of Bayanihan -- people helping people.
- Lillian Galedo, Executive Director
- Geraldine Alcid, Programs Director
- Christopher Cara, Youth Services Director
- Jerico Abanico, RACE Youth Counselor
- Katie Joaquin, Organizer
- Judith Olais, Administrative Asst.
- Roxanne Pecadeso, PLAY Coordinator
- Jean Tolentino, AYPAL Site Coordinator
- Eduardo Valladares, Newcomer Counselor
- AYPAL Interns: Anna Bach, Nazarene De Los Reyes, Jody Diala, Touissant Jones, Leslie Luo, Ervin Lopez
- RACE Interns: Charlie Boado, Devon Devera, Victoria Nunez
- PLAY Interns: Kelvin Espino, Rani Reyes
- Trina Villanueva
- Ronald Pineda
- Rob Bonta
- Raymond Colmenar
- Don Rodis
- Andrea Ibarra Tacdol
- Yvette Torres