Emanuel (Manny) Gomez is a Connecticut activist in his 80s.
July 2013, over 50 members of Connecticut Alliance for Retired Americans (CT ARA) along with our Labor and Community allies worked together to create a human chain across the street from the Federal Building in New Haven to protest the chained CPI. Bette Marafino, President of Connecticut Alliance for Retired Americans organized the group into a human chain.
Noted speakers included Lisa Perrone Chief of staff for Congressman John B. Larson, Marilyn Cheyne staff for Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, Win Heimer CT ARA board member read a statement from Congressman Joe Courtney in opposition of the Chained CPI, Manny Gomez newly elected CT ARA board member representing the New Haven People's Center spoke about the importance of Social Security , Jade our youngest participant (12 years old!) explained that Social Security needs to be there for her when she is older, Connecticut AFL-CIO President John Olsen commented that Social Security provides retirement security for millions of Americans. Mark Henson District Director for Congressman Jim Himes greeted attendees. Our Connecticut Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy were unable to attend. However, CT ARA President Bette Marafino assured our group that both Senators do oppose Chained CPI and both have signed on to Senator Harkins bill S567.
Dedication to the striking "workers at Yale-New Haven Hospital"
The May Day Supplement, page H, to the People's Weekly World May 20 2000, carried a dedication to the striking "workers at Yale-New Haven Hospital"
Signers included Emanuel Gomez.
The City of New Haven Peace Commission is an organ of the City of Hartford Connecticut. It was organized in the 1980s by Communist Party USA leader Alfred Marder and has been infiltrated by local communists ever since.
Members in 2009;
- Green Hon. Allan Brisson - 12/31/2009
- Dem. Frank Cochran - 2/1/2011
- Dem. Hon. Dolores Colon - NH Board of Alderman 12/31/2009
- Dem. Celestino Cordova - 2/1/2011
- Unaff. Joelle Fishman - 2/1/2012
- Dem. Seth Godfrey - 2/1/2011
- Ind. Emanuel Gomez - 2/1/2011
- Dem. Aaron Goode - 2/1/2010
- Dem. Bishop Colon Haywood, Sr. - 1/1/2010
- Unaff. Rev. Sara Lamar-Sterling - 2/1/2011
- Unaff. John J. Lugo - 2/1/2010
- Rep. Alfred Marder Chairman 2/1/2011
Alfred L. Marder 90th Birthday Celebration
Hon. Rosa DeLauro, Sen. Toni Harp, Sen. Martin Looney, Rep. Juan Candelaria, Rep. Patricia Dillon, Rep. Toni Edmonds Walker, Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield, Rep. Roland Lemar, Ald. Jorge Perez, President, New Haven Board of Aldermen, Ambassador Sylvester Rowe, Mohammed Barrie, Vinie Burrows, Mary Compton, Joelle Fishman, Craig Gauthier, Emanuel Gomez, Hilda Kilpatrick, Henry Lowendorf, Kenneth Marder, Rev. Scott Marks, William Morico, John Olsen, Quentin Snediker, Jarvis Tyner, Andrea van den Heever, Susan Yolen
A statement issued on the committee's behalf read;
- Dear Friends and Family of Al Marder,
- We are excited to invite you to celebrate the 90th birthday of Al Marder and to recognize his many contributions, international and local, toward world peace, justice and equality.
- Please join us in this joyous occasion on Sunday, March 18, at 3:00 pm at the New Haven Peoples Center, 37 Howe Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06511.
- Chained CPI, CT AFL-CIO
-  City of new haven website, accessed August 16, 2010
- New haven People's center blog, Tuesday, March 6, 2012, Alfred L. Marder 90th Birthday Celebration