- 1 SDS
- 2 Socialist
- 3 YDS
- 4 Tennessee DSA closed Facebook group
- 5 DSA Chattanooga Closed Facebook Group
- 6 DSA Nashville discussions - Democratic Socialists of America
- 7 Beyond Shell Shock
- 8 2017-2018 leadership
- 9 Chatt DSA Organizing Group
- 10 YDS leaders
- 11 2018-19 leadership
- 12 Memphis Solidarity Brigade
- 13 References
Eliott Geary is the 19 year old founder (2016), of the UTC socialist club in Chattanooga Tennessee. He is majoring in public administration and nonprofit management. He is originally from Spring Hill, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville.
- I’ve identified as a socialist for about four years now, but most of that was spent developing theoretical beliefs. It was also hard, in a predominantly white, upper-middle class suburb, to find an outlet for activism. When I got to UTC, I knew I wanted to start up a socialist organization. I hoped that meeting other radical leftists would give me the opportunity to get more involved. Shortly after starting up the Sociaist Union, I got in touch with the wonderful people from Chattanooga Organized for Action, and they’ve really given me some direction for my budding activism.
Eliott Geary was connected to New Students for a Democratic Society.
Jefferson Hodge and Eliott Geary are socialists.
2016 University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Young Democratic Socialists, contact: Eliott Geary.
Tennessee DSA closed Facebook group
- This group is for members and activists of DSA (Democratic Socialists of America) in Tennessee, and anyone interested in joining DSA and Democratic Socialism
Members included Eliott Geary.
DSA Chattanooga Closed Facebook Group
Chattanooga Democratic Socialists of America Closed Facebook Group, as of June 2 2017;
- A working group to discuss left wing politics in Chattanooga and opportunities to effect positive change in the community with an eye toward forming a recognized chapter of DSA.
DSA Nashville discussions - Democratic Socialists of America
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included Eliott Geary .
- Ajmal Alami, Co-Chair
- Michelle Fisher, Co-Chair
- Eliott Geary, At-Large Member
- Rawan Masri, At-Large Member
- Frida Perez, At-Large Member
- Sanjeev Rau, At-large Member
Chatt DSA Organizing Group
Members of the Chattanooga Democratic Socialists of America Organizing Group, accessed October 14, 2017 included Eliott Geary.
- Organizing group for our Chattanooga, TN chapter of the Democratic Socialist of America. Posts will be moderated to focus on organizing only. More general and off topic posts/discussion can take place in the general fb group.
As of June 17, 2017, members included Eliott Geary.
Newly elected Young Democratic Socialists of America national officers (L–R): Matthew Wolfsen, Ga. Tech; Eliott Geary, U. Tn.-Chattanooga; Ajmal Alami, Va. Tech-Blacksburg; Amelia Blair-Smith, Carleton College, Northfield MN; Sebastian Uchida Chavez, City College of NY; and national staffer Anna Bonomo.
Memphis Solidarity Brigade
The Memphis district of Freedom Road brought together cadre from around the nation to support a local organizing effort, Memphis For All, to apply our line and strategy to local elections. The Path to Power Memphis for all Solidarity Brigade took place in mid-July 2018 to culminate with an early voting canvassing effort.
Thomas Wayne Walker May 29 2018:
yo!!! i'm excited to invite y'all to sign up for a program focused on learning, on-the-ground, about building political power as leftists, revolutionaries and radicals in working class communities of color that are left out & shut out of politics. the path to power memphis solidarity brigade will combine training & actual field work in support of justice organizations engaging in electoral work to build power, like memphis for all, labor unions, and more. you can sign up at this link https://goo.gl/forms/wemUNfG4SxbusyHo1
it's listed as wednesday 7/18-sunday 7/22, but the real programming is focused on thursday 7/19-saturday 7/21. housing and food are supported, and other support is available. i'm hoping especially to get folks from tennessee to do it, so we can start really thinking about building a #tennesseeforall. hit me up if you're interested, apply now to get in on this.
Thomas Wayne Walker, Jyoti Gupta, Lindsey Glenn Krinks, Whitney Washington, Briana Perry, Anna Carella, Ramon J. Ryan, David Alex Hayes, Elizabeth Stanfield, Dana Smith, Anne Barnett Josh Adams, Ashley Caldwell, Erica Renee, Deja Foster Justin A. Davis Justin Jones, Sj Payne, Salma Mirza, Jasmine Wallace, Nancy Dung Nguyen, Chris Brooks, Haley Greenwell, Odessa Kelly. Aaron Gamal, Cazembe Jackson, Eliott Geary. Frank W. Johnson, John Emery, Allie Cohn, Calvin Cheung-Miaw.