Template:TOCnestleft Donna Smith
Labor Campaign for Single Payer
In March 2009 the Labor Campaign for Single Payer Conference was held in Washington DC. Attendees included Anne Feeney, Kay Tillow and Walter Tillow, Jerry Tucker, Donna DeWitt, David Newby, Donna Smith, Tim Carpenter from Progressive Democrats of America, Dr. Margaret Flowers, John Conyers.
Labor for Bernie event
Bill Honigman April 4, 2016 near Des Plaines, IL ·
From Labor Campaign for Single Payer National Coordinator Mark Dudzic, "Great Labor for Bernie event at this past weekend's Labor Notes conference in Chicago." #FeelTheBern. :-) — with Alan NY, Donna Smith, Tad Virbone, Joshua H. Koritz, Kade Quarles, Janis Kay, Kurt Bateman, Rose Roach and Paul Song.
Bao Nguyen supporters
Bill Honigman February 29, 2016 ·
So proud of Progressive Democrats of America Orange County CA Chapter endorsed candidate for US Congress CA46 Bao Nguyen who gave a phenomenal speech at our We Want Bernie rally yesterday outside the CDP convention. #FeelTheBern. :-) — with Marleen Gillespie, Ron Varasteh, Russell Greene, Donna Smith, Hugh Tra, Judy Hess, Pilar Schiavo, Paul Song, Mani Kang and Mary Carter at San Jose Convention Center.
On May 15th, 2013 a national call-in was convened to promote Rep. John Conyers' bill H.R. 676, that would establish a non-profit, universal, single-payer health care program, an improved "Medicare for All" act.
- Quentin Young, M.D. - Single Payer Activist
- Thom Hartmann - National TV and Radio Host / Best-Selling Author
- Jean Ross - National Nurses United (NNU)
- Mark Dudzic - Labor Campaign For Single Payer
- Robert Score - IATSE-Local 1
- Willie Adams - International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- Kay Tillow - All Unions Committee for Single Payer Health Care--HR 676
- Tim Carpenter - Progressive Democrats of America
- Mimi Kennedy, Chair, Progressive Democrats of America
- Donna Smith - Chair, Healthcare not Warfare Campaign
- Benjamin Day - Healthcare NOW!
- Ture Turnbull - MassCare
- Maria Svart - Democratic Socialists of America
Clean energy march
Progressive Democrats of America Northern Arizona July 24, 2016.
The People's Summit
At The People's Summit, Chicago 17-19 2016, a Saturday session was held "The People's Agenda";
- Jesus "Chuy" Garcia - Commissioner, Cook County.
- Nina Turner - former Ohio State Senate.
- Tulsi Gabbard - Congressmember Hawaii.
Progressive Democrats of America
Progressive Democrats of America, February 26, 2017.
It's time to make sure all Americans have the health care services and medications we need and deserve!!!
Ian Schiffer, Cheryl Harris, Bill Honigman, Patrick Morales, Belen Sisa, Judy Hess, Conor Boylan, Aaron Mandell, Allan Affeldt, Donna Smith, Janis Kay, Russell Freedman, Sarah Mahler, Tom Tilden, Cameron Stempel, Michael Fox, Michael Thaller and Sharon Janis at Historic Plaza Hotel. Bill Honigman November 25, 2016:
With Mike Hersh, Pamela Powers Hannley, Michael Fox, Russell Freedman, Bill Bianchi, Stephen Shaff, Judy Hess, Walter Kloefkorn, Virginia Hauflaire, Andrea Miller, Stephen Spitz, Barbara Njos, Donna Smith, Janis Kay, Randall Holmes, Mimi Kennedy, Tim Carpenter and Terence Dicks at La Posada Hotel.
Single Payer Leadership Meeting Agenda
Las Vegas, NV Sep. 30 – Oct. 1, 2017. The Longhorn Room, Binion’s Gambling Hall 128 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV.
- 10:00AM-10:05AM Call to Order: Jean Ross, National Nurses United
- 10:05AM-10:15AM Introducing Nevada for Healthcare-NOW! & Allies: Tisia Stemp and Keenan Korth
- 10:15AM-10:30AM Welcome to Nevada: Congresswoman Dina Titus (Nevada’s 1st District)
- 10:30AM-10:45AM Goals & structure of the Leadership Meeting: Benjamin Day, Healthcare-NOW
- 10:45AM-11:45AM Keynote Speakers: Dr. Paul Song and Amy Vilela
- 11:45AM-12:45PM Panel: Organizing Across Issues & Organizations During This “Movement Moment”: Moderator: Eileen Eady, Nevada for Healthcare-NOW!; Rose Roach, Minnesota Nurses Association; Martese Chism, National Nurses United; Erika Washington, Make It Work. Nevada4thePeople; Deborah Harris, Women’s March on Washington.
- 2:30PM-2:50PM Speaker: Preparing for Opposition… from our Enemies and our Friends: Michael Lighty, National Nurses United.
- 3:30PM-4:30PM Panel: Developing Effective Medium-Term Campaigns After the Era of Resistance: Benjamin Day, Healthcare-NOW!; Ben Palmquist, NESRI; Libby Devlin, NNU/NNOC; Donna Smith, PDA.
- 5:10PM-6:00PM Plenary: Lessons from Roundtable Discussions & Open Mic: Lenny Potash, Labor United for Universal Healthcare; Ursula Rozum, Campaign for NY Health; Amirah Sequiera, National Nurses United
- Sunday, October 1 – 10AM-12PM Noon
- 10:00AM-10:15AM Responding to Pushback from Legislators: Dr. Bill Honigman and Dr. Roona Ray
- PDA Arizona State Coordinator Dan O'Neal moderated a discussion.
2018 Single-Payer Strategy Conference
Healthcare-Now! Agenda: 2018 Single-Payer Strategy Conference Friday, June 22 – Sunday, June 24 Minneapolis, Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown.
Agenda for Saturday, June 23
- Follow the Money: Big Money and the Politics of Healthcare Reform – Facilitator: Donna Smith, Progressive Democrats of America; Wendell Potter, whistleblower and tarbell.org; Jeff Clark, Move to Amend
- Thursday, March 04, 2010 March 2010 - Anne Feeney's Fellow Travelers' Advisory - VOLUME FIVE - #12
- PDA, Healthcare not Warfare
- [https://www.healthcare-now.org/strategy-conference/2017-las-vegas/agenda/Healtcre Now!Single Payer Leadership Meeting Agenda Las Vegas, NV Sep. 30 – Oct. 1, 2017]