- Studied General Studies/Social Sciences at University of Chicago
- Went to Hunter College High School
For May Day and Beyond
Open Letter to White Communities
- In the past month, five million people, mostly immigrants of color, have mobilized for justice and are making history, flooding the streets in unprecedented numbers. Meanwhile, the most visible participation by white people is coming from the racist and right wing leaders who are defining and dominating the debate in the Federal government and in the news, radio and opinion pages. Where are the voices of anti-racist white people in this crucial moment, when the worst anti-immigrant legislation in decades is still poised to drop?
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
- At a moment of growing resistance to state violence and injustice the world over, a delegation of nineteen anti-prison, labor and scholar-activists from the United States traveled to Palestine in March 2016. Our delegation included former US-held political prisoners and social prisoners, former Black Panther Party members, prison abolitionists, trade unionists and university professors. We are the first US delegation to Palestine to focus specifically on political imprisonment and solidarity between Palestinian and US prisoners. Our delegation also focused on recent labor struggles in Palestine for bread and dignity, and on the struggles of Palestinian intellectuals to assert the rightful claims of Indigenous Palestinians to their land, culture and history.
- Rabab Abdulhadi, author and professor, San Francisco State University*, California
- Diana Block, author and activist, California Coalition for Women Prisoners*, San Francisco, California
- Susan Chen, counselor faculty, member California Faculty Association - SFSU chapter Affirmative Action Rep, San Francisco State University*, California
- Dennis Childs, author and professor, University of California*, San Diego
- Susie Day, writer, Monthly Review Press*, New York City, New York
- Emory Douglas, Revolutionary Artist and Minister of Culture, Black Panther Party, 1967-1982
- Johanna Fernandez, author and professor, City University of New York-Baruch College*; Organizer, Campaign to Bring Mumia Home
- Diane Fujino, author and professor, University of California*, Santa Barbara
- Alborz Ghandehari, member of BDS Caucus of UAW 2865, University of California Student-Workers Union*
- Anna Henry, activist and member, California Coalition for Women Prisoners*, San Francisco
- Rachel Herzing, independent scholar and co-founder, Critical Resistance*, Oakland, California
- Hank Jones, activist, former US-Held political prisoner and member, Black Panther Party, Los Angeles, California
- Manuel la Fontaine, former US-held prisoner and member, All of Us or None*, San Francisco, California
- Claude Marks, Former US-held political prisoner, Freedom Archives*, San Francisco, California
- Nathaniel Moore, archivist, Freedom Archives*, San Francisco, California
- Isaac Ontiveros, member, Critical Resistance*, Oakland, California
- Michael Ritter, counselor faculty; member CSU Academic Senate & CFA Board of Directors, San Francisco State University*, California
- Jaime Veve, Co-Convener, Labor for Palestine*, New York City, New York
- Laura Whitehorn, Former US-held political prisoner, New York City, New York
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Diana Block .
- Indymedia For May Day and Beyond
- Liberal Education website: Bill Ayers supporters
- Truthout We Stand With Palestine in the Spirit of "Sumud": The US Prisoner, Labor and Academic Solidarity Delegation to Palestine Sunday, 17 April 2016 00:00
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109