David Unger is a New York City activist.
DSA Members Organizing Against Trump
Signatories included David Unger, New York City Democratic Socialists of America.
Freedom Road meeting
Spring 2015, the New York/New Jersey District of Freedom Road Socialist Organization sponsored a forum entitled “Ferguson: The Movement So Far and Lessons for Coming Struggles.” The first speaker was "our comrade", Montague Simmons, Chair of the legendary Organization for Black Struggle in St. Louis.
The meeting was held 39 Eldridge St,New York, 19 March 2015. Organized by Eric Odell.
- Speaking for the first time in NYC since the police murder of Michael Brown, the chair of OBS, which played a major role in the Ferguson protests, discusses the new strategies, organizational forms and social forces that emerged there, and how the movement was sustained. Loyda Colon will reflect on the Justice Committee’s work organizing with families directly impacted by police violence, and will share their thoughts on the current movement in NYC.
- Together they will share their thoughts on key questions for the movements against police abuse that are erupting around the country. How do we hold together broad united fronts with different generations, cultures, classes and political perspectives? What’s the role of anti-capitalists and socialists? What kind of policing reforms do we want and how do they relate to other issues in our communities, and to radical social transformation?
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included John McCarthy, Juliet Ucelli, Betty Yu, Lily Defriend, Wai Yee Poon, David Unger, Matthew Tinker, Ryan Briles, Enbion Micah Aan, Erick Moreno, Terry Marshall, Jesse Baboo, Daniel Tasripin, Anton Han Kiang, Starlitekid Cosmos, Clayton Nino Brown, Miguel Marrero-Bermudez, Joy Schulman, Jeanne D. Shaw, Mark Swier, Stephanie Zukasaka, Denise Chupacabral, Anne Mitchell, Emma Pliskin, Oriana Roeckraeyer, Lara Shepard-Blue, Karly Safar, Robina Rai, Man See Kong, Teresa Basilio, Aisha Shillingford, Adriana Cruz, Ofie Virtucio, Rivka Paradis, Katrina Cortes, Sharice Richards.
Communist Party tabling
Estevan Nembhard, August 11, 2015. ·
- We are tabling at Harlem Week this weekend. Help us build the New York State Communist Party into a political force in Harlem and throughout the city and state. — with Divino DeNegro, Chris Herrera, Carol Widom, Jose L. Sanchez, Radhames Morales, David Unger, Bayby Bling Bling, Susan DiRaimo, Gianna Leo Falcon, Lydia Bassett Tyner, Karim Lopez, Chris Butters, Ava Farkas, Gail Walker, Joselina Fay Rodriguez, Roberto J. Mercado, Sara Ladino Cano, William Camarada and Drew King.
People for Bernie
In 2016 David Unger Labor organizer/Educator, was a leader of People for Bernie.
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now?
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now? Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6 PM - 9 PM, 310 W 43rd St, New York.
A converastion with Bill Fletcher, Jr., international activist and co-author of Solidarity Divided: The crisis in organized labor and a new path toward social justice.
RSVPS included David Unger.
New Yorkers for Bernie
Jill Greenberg April 9, 2016
Welcome home, Bernie Sanders! New York, New York, it's a helluva town, the Bronx is up and the Battery's down ... Help Canvass & Win New York for Bernie! bernie.to/NYCanvass
- NYforBernie #WFP4Bernie #NYLabor4Bernie — with Darius Khalil Gordon, Raybblin Vargas, Gili Getz, Lillian Gorman, Rachel Eve Stein, Arlene Geiger, Miriam Rabban, Mindy Rosier, Phillip Anderson, Joe Dinkin, Javier Anderson, Andrew C. White, Rafael Shimunov, Ian Williams, Elena Hermanson, Susan M. Dooha, Karla Fisk, Moumita Ahmed, Andi Dier, Flora Ichiou Huang, Caleb-Michael Files, Dave Handy, Charles Lenchner, Jon E. Dominos, Owen Crowley, Sam Himmelstein, Kristina Andreotta, Daniel Millstone, Heidi Siegfried, Glenn Oldhoff, Maria Svart, Sam Massol, Nadya Stevens, Winnie Wong, Akiko Ichikawa, Peter Hogness, Mark L. Hannay, David Unger, Jeffrey Gold, Emiljana Ulaj, Alice Fisher, Katherine Brezler, Josh Siegel, Steve Oliver and Candice Fortin.
South Brooklyn DSA Official Closed Group
- FRSO, An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out Posted on Thursday August 13th, 2015 by FRSO/OSCL
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Eric-Odell-Ferguson-The-Movement-So-Far-and-Lessons-for-Coming-Struggles Whereevent, Activities New York / Description A Discussion with Montague Simmons]
- Wherevent, A Discussion with Montague Simmons