David Cohen (Massachusetts communist)
- For other uses, see David Cohen (disambiguation)
- 1 Continuing the Political Revolution
- 2 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 3 Communist Party dissidents
- 4 Communist Party reformer
- 5 CoC National Conference endorser
- 6 CoC NCC
- 7 DSA meeting
- 8 Committees of Correspondence 2002 Conference
- 9 Committees of Correspondence
- 10 Center for Labor Renewal
- 11 References
Continuing the Political Revolution
Judy Atkins and David Cohen are former organizers with the UE and long-time political activists who live in Franklin County, Western Massachusetts. They are founding members of the Franklin County Continuing the Political Revolution.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
Communist Party dissidents
On November 15-16 1991, 30 dissident members of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA convened a meeting to "sign a statement of events" - most or all signatories were soon to break with the party and were later to form Committees of Correspondence.
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 David Cohen, Massachusetts, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 David Cohen, international representative United Electrical Workers, Springfield Massachusetts, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Health The challenge to our health. What next in the struggle for national health care? The fight against aids and infant mortality and for a rational system of preventative medicine for all
- Marilyn Albert, R.N., New York State Nurses Association
- David Cohen, Intl. Rep., UE, Springfield, MA
- Dr. Tolburt Small, Harriet Tubman Medical Center, Oakland
- Mildred Williamson, AIDS health worker, Chicago
- Dr. Peter Orris, Governing Council, American Public Health Association, Chicago
On Thursday, January 25, 2001 a forum on the lessons to be drawn from the recent elections followed an "important Boston DSA members meeting", at the Workmen’s Circle 1762 Beacon St., Brookline Speakers included;
Rose Gonzalez of the Green Party USA and David Cohen of the United Electrical Workers contended that now is the time to build a third party of the left; outgoing Boston DSA Chair Harris Gruman and Rich Marlin of the state AFL-CIO responded that this view is unrealistic and counterproductive, advocating insurgencies in Democratic Party primaries instead.
Committees of Correspondence 2002 Conference
At the Committees of Correspondence National Conference and Convention, July 25-28, 2002 San Francisco State University.
Disarmament and the Military Budget. Panelists included: Kenneth Riley, David Bacon,, Marilyn Albert, Renee Saucedo, Angela Sambrano, Cathi Tactaquin, Marty Price, Patrice Sewell, Joan Cohen, Claire Carsman, James Campbell, Peter Orris, Thelma Correll, Edith Pollach, Amaha Kassa, Harry Targ, Steve Williams, Karen Talbot, Mort Frank, David Cohen.
Committees of Correspondence
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Center for Labor Renewal
- FB friends page
- List of those NC members who signed statement of events at meeting of 11/15-16/91
- Addendum to Initiative document
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- CoC Corresponder November 1996/January 1997 Page 2
- Yankee radical, January 2001
- Yankee Radical, April 2001
- [The Corresponer Vol 10, number 1, June 2002 http://www.cc-ds.org/pub_arch/CorresponderX1-2.pdf]