David A. Scott (Representative)
- For other uses, see David Scott (disambiguation)
- 1 Support for the Council on American Islamic Relations
- 2 Supported by Council for a Livable World
- 3 Peace Pledge Coalition
- 4 Voted against cutting funding for ACORN
- 5 Creamer connection
- 6 Congressional Black Caucus
- 7 PDA connection
- 8 ARA endorsement, 2014
- 9 Blue Dog Coalition
- 10 New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
- 11 On CAIR
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Support for the Council on American Islamic Relations
Supported by Council for a Livable World
The Council for a Livable World, founded in 1962 by long-time socialist activist and alleged Soviet agent, Leo Szilard, is a non-profit advocacy organization that seeks to "reduce the danger of nuclear weapons and increase national security", primarily through supporting progressive, congressional candidates who support their policies. The Council supported David Scott in his successful House of Representatives run as candidate for Georgia.
Peace Pledge Coalition
In 2007, 90 Members of Congress, pledged in an open letter delivered to President Bush: "We will only support appropriating funds for U.S. military operations in Iraq during Fiscal Year 2008 and beyond for the protection and safe redeployment of all our troops out of Iraq before you leave office." The letter was initiated by the Peace Pledge Coalition. The Coalition was led by Tim Carpenter, Progressive Democrats of America, Bob Fertik, Democrats.com Medea Benjamin, CodePink, Bill Fletcher, co-founder of Center for Labor Renewal David Swanson, AfterDowningStreet.org, Democrats.com, Progressive Democrats of America, Kevin Zeese, Voters for Peace, Democracy Rising, Brad Friedman, co-founder of Velvet Revolution, Bill Moyer, Backbone Campaign.
Voted against cutting funding for ACORN
In September 2009, following the lead of their Senate colleagues, the House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to cut off funds to ACORN. the vote was 345-75. All of the 75 were Democrats, and included David A. Scott. 
Congressional Black Caucus
In June 2013 Progressive Democrats of America assigned activists to deliver their material to almost every US Congressman and several Senators. Melissa Prescott (and Terence Dicks and David Robinson), were assigned as contact for Rep. Scott.
ARA endorsement, 2014
Blue Dog Coalition
In Congress, David A. Scott is a member of the Blue Dog Coalition.
New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
- David A. Scott
“The Council’s work in the state of Georgia and across the nation is appreciated and respected.”
Rep. David A. Scott (D-Ga.) (October 2017).
- Letters of Support for CAIR accessed January 26 2020
- CLW website: Meet Our Candidates
- War Is A Crime .org, Peace Pledge Coalition
- [http://www.democrats.com/peace-pledge Democrats.com. Sign the Pledge for Peace petition. Bob Fertik August 19, 2007
- [http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/the_75_democrats_who_are_prose.html American Thinker, September 18, 2009 The 75 Democrats who are pro-sex slave ACORN defenders By Ethel C. Fenig]
- SCG A Partial List of SCG Clients, accessed Dec. 2, 2013
- Congressional Black Caucus: Members (accessed on Feb. 24, 2011)
- PDA June 2013 Educate Congress Digest
- NDC Member List