B.A. Sociology, magna cum laude (The University of Pennsylvania)
Jeffrey Lichtenstein, Dana Asbury, Chelsea Mobbs, Emily Oppenheimer, Ray Berthiaume, Sally Joyner, John Reed, Anna Pederson, Rena Armour were all involved in the Progressive Student Alliance, in Memphis Tennessee.
Civil Liberties and Public Policy
Memphis Freedom Road comrades
Dunetra Merritt November 6, 2016; ·
- My Friends Came To Seen Me !! — with Thomas Wayne Walker, Dana Asbury, Jayanni Elizabeth and Jeffrey Lichtenstein.
BLM blockade post
- comrades and fellow organizers, sunday was beautiful, messy, humbling, and powerful
- a dozen revolutionaries have been in conversation since sunday night about the new political moment the #blacklivesmatter blockade of I-40 created for the city of #memphis. below are collective take-a-ways that comrades - me, & Jeffrey (Jeffrey Lichtenstein), Dana (Dana Asbury), Anjie (Anjie Mizuki}, Thomas (Thomas Wayne Walker) & T. Shelton (Todd Shelton)- some members of Freedom Road and others unaffiliated revolutionaries - wish to offer:
- - Memphians have BEEN ready for an uprising. like bodies on. the. line. type ready. for a long time. anyone could see from all the t-shirts, flags, paintings & posters brought that people deeply resonate w/ the politics of #blacklivesmatter. people voted w/ their feet and although we’ve had dozens of protests, vigils and meetings this time people found their own way into the streets.
- - police are on this city like an occupation. murdering, injuring, sexually assaulting and arresting Black people w/ impunity. but for a handful of hours sunday night we were able to confront them directly. AND they couldn't stop us. politicians who benefit from the subjugation of our communities tripped over themselves to set up meetings. not b/c we were polite or respectable, but because we were DEEP and in the words of so many of us on the bridge - we “shut -ish down” and “hit them in their pockets”.
- ....the system isn’t broken, it was built like this. no amount of reform will be enough, we need Black power, self-determination, and an economy run by working people. How do we get there? seriously. how?
2016 Memphis PSA launch
Join us for the UofM Progressive Student Alliance kick-off meeting this coming Tuesday, September 20th on the UofM Campus. It will be in Clement Hall, Room 213 at 4PM. We are THE organization on campus fighting against racism, gender oppression, and economic injustice. Join us as we unite for our first meeting and discuss the general structure of PSA, our vision, and our campaigns for the semester. The 2016 presidential election season is upon us. The time is ripe to organize, and to DUMP Donald TRUMP!
Invited Paul Morquecho, Annie Bird, Katy Ochoa, Jeshua David, Rickie Aimee, Lucas Olsen, Mia Jordan, Jonathan Capriel, Chase Baltz, Matthew Brown, Sydney Melissa, Jroc Jarvis, Josh Adams, Leslie Monique Wellman, Carly Christensen, Keedran Franklin, Allison Escobar, Kayla Marie Thomas, Jayanni Elizabeth, Ellen Uhlmann, Tailer Ransom, Lizzie Dean, Dai Williams, Wesley Morgan Paraham, Tamam Arafat, Cali Baer, Brandon C J Shaw, Charlotte Watson, Anna CP, Chrissy Green, Mike Butler, Thomas Wayne Walker, Tom Smith, Dana Asbury, Jeffrey Lichtenstein.
Female comrades and friends
Thomas Wayne Walker March 8, 2018 · Memphis, TN · Lisa Yopp, Bonnie Berrong, Charlene Walker, Katie Haworth, Karly Safar, Anne Barnett, Melanie Barron, Jean Padgett, Jessica Carmichael, Jessica Walker Kim Yopp, Kelly Yopp, Becky Dunlap, Jessica Hruz, Becky Hruz, Alex Hruz, Heather Dockins Lamonya Davis, Larissa Hunt, Jasmine Wallace, Bingham Graves, Aimee Boer, Sandy Hicks, Earnestine Jenkins, Diana Moyer, Jayanni Webster, Cassie Watters, Janet Miles, Thelma Jean Rimmer, KB Brower, Kim Hinchey, Doris Conley Brooks, Jessica Buttermore, Lindsey Smith, Ruba Nuwayhid, Angie Navratil, Jennifer Hayes, Ash-Lee Henderson, Juliet Ucelli, Ashley Underwood, Dana Asbury, Victoria Ledbetter, Amanda Robertson, Ashley Susong, Elly Leary, Mary Jo Connelly, Kim Diehl, Andrea Morales, Emilie Bowman, Tami Sawyer, Anne Smith, Rachel Knox, Anjie Ash, Elizabeth Owen, Dana Smith, Amira Al-Dasouqui, Whitney Maxey, Mischa Nyberg, Lindsey Hill / a personal history with women who held me hold me down held me hold me up taught me teach me loved me love me & a lot more too but like a pig i left you off the list - women hold up half the sky, and i'm confident, cause the sky's in your hands
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Dana Asbury.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Dana Asbury.