Standing for AD 15
In 2019 Courtney Welch stood from AD 15 for the California Democratic Party Central Committee.
Affordable Housing Program Coordinator, Homeownership SF
- Chair, CYD Black Caucus
- Board of Directors, Rockridge Community Planning Council
- Member, Alameda County Housing and Community Development Advisory Board
- Commissioner, Alameda County Public Health Commission
- Member, City of Oakland Community Policing Advisory Board
- Member, Children’s Hospital Oakland Consumer Advisory Board
- 2019 Family Independence Initiative Community Building Fellow*
I am Courtney Cecelia Welch, an Oakland native, community advocate, and mother and I am running for delegate to be a voice for progressive leadership, policy, and true democratic values.
I am currently the Affordable Housing Program Coordinator at Homeownership San Francisco, where I guide our clients to the appropriate resources for their housing needs.
In addition to my professional work, I am Chair of the California Young Democrats Black Caucus, sit on the board of directors for the Rockridge Community Planning Council, a member of the Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Council (Membership Committee and Policy and Governmental Affairs Committee), the City of Oakland Community Policing Advisory Board, Alameda County Housing and Community Development Advisory Board, a rising commissioner for the Alameda County Public Health Commission, a 2018 New Leader’s Council Fellow, a resident spokeswoman for Oakland Elizabeth House, and a 2016 recipient of The Sac Hub Magazine’s Exceptional Woman of Color Award for my entrepreneurial pursuits. I live in the North Oakland Rockridge District, where I play the most important role, being a mother to my son, Caleb.