Civil Liberties Defense Center
Civil Liberties Defense Center is a radical environmental, anti-free market legal organization. The Civil Liberties Defense Center refers to themselves as "an anti-racist social justice organization." According to their website, the Civil Liberties Defense Center "supports movements that seek to dismantle the political and economic structures at the root of social inequality and environmental destruction."
They "[C]reated the annual Next Generation Climate Justice Action Camp for teens, focusing on empowering youth leaders from diverse backgrounds to plan and implement their own actions"
Excerpt from their website:
- "The Civil Liberties Defense Center supports movements that seek to dismantle the political and economic structures at the root of social inequality and environmental destruction. We provide litigation, education, legal and strategic resources to strengthen and embolden their success.
- "CLDC’s projects educate people about their rights and why their rights are important, we defend front line activists, and expose and confront the persistent erosion of our civil liberties and the Bill of Rights. We believe knowledge is power, when, people have the tools and understanding to take action and demand that the government honor all their rights, then grassroots activism will be the best chance of exacting necessary change. CLDC educates, supports, and defends grassroots activists.
- "Justice in Action and Dissent & Democracy are the Civil Liberties Defense Center’s programs serving as our two-pronged approach towards achieving the goals set forth by our mission. By utilizing education, and when necessary, the courts, the Civil Liberties Defense Center is distinctly able to both proactively and reactively challenge governmental attacks on our liberties and rights.
Association with Earth First!
The Civil Liberties Defense Center is associated with Earth First!, a far-left environmental group founded on April 4, 1980 by Dave Foreman, Mike Roselle, Howie Wolke, Bart Koehler, and Ron Kezar.
- Rebecca Smith, President
- Dana Johnson, Secretary
- Kerul Dyer
- Amanda Sigler
- Mookie Moss
- Joel Iboa
- Sarah Alvarez
- Cindy Cordova
- Kiran Oommen
- Lauren Regan, Executive Director
- Charles Denson, Associate Director
- Cooper Brinson, Staff Attorney
- Erin Grady, Social Justice Organizer
- Cora Borradaile, Digital Security Coordinator
- Michele Gretes, Digital Security Coordinator