In 2017, Christoffer Lammer-Heindel was listed as a contact for Dubuque County Democratic Socialists of America Organizing Committee.
- "There’s room for them to grow. A Des Moines Register/Bloomberg News Iowa Poll found in January 2016 that 43 percent of likely Democratic caucusgoers consider themselves socialists. That’s fertile ground for people like Lammer-Heindel who think the Democratic Party has lost its way.
- “This is why I joined the DSA. I think we need collective, working-class solidarity. And whether the Democratic Party can do that, I don’t know,” he said.
- "He said the core DSA organizers in Dubuque County were “really dissatisfied” with the Democratic Party strategy on issues ranging from health care to the minimum wage. He said Democrats marginalized advocates of a single-payer health care system and didn’t fight for a $15 per hour minimum wage.
- "He said Democrats, including President Barack Obama, tried to find reasonable, moderate positions that a majority could support. But, he said it’s a mistake to use that as a starting point for negotiations. “The right just drags them further and further to the right,” he said. “... When you start further left, you might get better policy as an outcome of this sort of contentious political system.”
- "Lammer-Heindel said he’s been a Democrat since he was in high school. Until recently, he was the faculty adviser for the Loras College Democrats. “My wife and I had decided early on that we would work to get Clinton elected, but there was no enthusiasm there. I disagree with her on so many things,” he said. The other co-chair of the organizing committee is a Green Party member.
2/25/17 Dubuque Democratic Socialists general meeting minutes;
- Chair: Christoffer Lammer-Heindel
- Vice-Chair: Naomi Peachy Clark and Carolyn Scherf
- Secretary: Christine Darr
- Treasurer: Kalee Kerper
- Steve Drahozal appointed parliamentarian
- Thank you to Rachel Lenstra for leading Socialist School—we are committed to making meetings as accessible as possible for all, including children
DSA of Iowa public Facebook group
In September 2017 Christoffer Lammer-Heindel was a member of the Democratic Socialists of Iowa public Facebook group.
Loras College YDSA Facebook group
Loras College YDSA closed Facebook group, accessed November 23, 2017.
- The Loras College Chapter of Young Democratic Socialists of America seeks to organize Loras students around both the theory and practice of democratic socialism, including antifascism, anticapitalism, anti-imperialism, and an intersectional analysis of race, class, and gender.
- Christoffer Lammer-Heindel, Assistant Professor at Loras College
- Alex Kruse, Loras College. Created group on August 21, 2017
Our Revolution Central Iowa Facebook
Iowa DSA-Social/Non-Business facebook group
In September 2017 Christoffer Lammer-Heindel was a member of the Iowa DSA-Social/Non-Business public facebook group.
DSA Dank Meme Stash
Members, September 1, 2017 included Christoffer Lammer-Heindel ..