Template:TOCnestleft Chelsea Boilard has been working with and for the children and youth of San Francisco for over 12 years. Born and raised in the city, Chelsea has extensive experience in the areas of youth organizing, youth employment, recreation, political education and training, coalition-building and youth/young adult leadership and skill development. She has worked for Coleman Advocates since October of 2007 as their Family Policy and Budget Campaign Lead.
Chelsea Boilard has many years of experience working with children, youth and families through several non-profit organizations, including BAYAC AmeriCorps, Japanese Community Youth Council, YouthSpace, the SF Urban Service Project, and the YMCA of San Francisco.
She is currently the Director of Programs at Coleman Advocates for Children and Youth. She has been organizing member-driven campaigns and moving forward Coleman’s mission of creating a city of hope, justice and opportunity for all children, youth and their families. She has led several policy campaigns for the organization focusing on the SF city budget, progressive revenue, and racial equity in public education, as well as coordinating Coleman’s electoral work since 2009. She has served on the Board of Directors for Dolores Street Community Services and is currently on the Board of Directors for the San Francisco Rising Action Fund.
- Studied Political science at San Francisco State University.
- Legislative Aide at City and County of San Francisco - Government
- Former Campaign manager at Sandra Fewer for District 1 Supervisor
- Former Instructor at Metro College Success Program
- Former Director of Programs at Coleman Advocates
San Francisco Rising Alliance supporters
San Francisco Rising Alliance December 14, 2018 ·
Jill Shenker Marh 8 2017.
4th annual White Anti-Racist Summit
The 2008 4th annual White Anti-Racist Summit Coordinating Committee consisted of;
- Chelsea Boilard - Y-STEP
- Lila Cabbil - WACAN
- Jeff Hitchcock - WACAN
- Cameron Levin - AWARE
- Lou Schoen - EPISCOPAL CHURCH-SOCIAL JUSTICE OFFICE
- Hillary Stephenson - AWARE 
Towards a Progressive Agenda for SF
Towards a Progressive Agenda for SF: A Progressive Vision for the November Elections and Beyond, Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, Center for Political Education.
- What is our progressive vision for an economically just city? How do electoral strategies play into the broader movement for building grassroots power, developing people’s consciousness, and creating more democratic structures? Will progressives be in a position to shape the mayoral race in 2011?
“Towards a Progressive Agenda for San Francisco” will bring together San Francisco Rising, SF Jobs with Justice, and the “New Deal for the City” Community Congress, to engage in a lively roundtable discussion about how these projects complement each other, in the context of the city’s ongoing fiscal crisis, the November 2010 elections, and beyond. We will discuss, among other topics, progressive revenue measures in November; developing labor-community alliances through Jobs with Justice, a platform for low-wage workers; the Congress’s economic development and budget reform agenda, and bringing a progressive vision to the critical District races in 6, 8, 10. Finally, we will hit some tough questions about developing strategies for common work, keeping elected officials accountable, and looking to the future. Panelists include:
- Chelsea Boilard and others with San Francisco Rising, an electoral alliance comprised of Chinese Progressive Association (San Francisco), Coleman Advocates, the Day Labor Program, Filipino Community Center, Just Cause/Causa Justa, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, People Organized to Win Environmental and Economic Rights (PODER), and People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER), and South of Market Community Action Network (SOMCAN);
- Gordon Mar with Jobs with Justice San Francisco
- Debbi Lerman and Calvin Welch with SF Community Congress, which convened in August 2010 to develop a locally actionable legislative agenda that might be taken up by progressive candidates for Supervisor in 2010 and Mayor in 2011.
- Shaw San Liu with SF Progressive Worker Alliance, an alliance of low-wage worker organizations in San Francisco, including Chinese Progressive Association (San Francisco), the Day Labor Program and Women’s Collective, Filipino Community Center, Pride at Work, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER), and Young Workers United.
This is the second in an ongoing Center for Political Education series on building a San Francisco progressive agenda, following our July 2009 event about the history of District Elections and the broader movement to shape a progressive agenda.
SF Wage Theft Task Force
Gordon Mar October 1, 2012.
Launch of new SF Wage Theft Task Force with Dolores Huerta, Supervisors David Campos & Eric Mar, Shaw San Liu, Tiffany Crain, Tim Paulson, Conny Ford, Chinese Progressive Association, Filipino Community Center, Young Workers United, Coleman Advocates for Children and Youth, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, San Francisco Labor Council, Unite Here Local 2 and many others! — with Julia Wong, Conny Ford, Eric Mar, Shaw San Liu, Maria Hernandez, Tiffany Crain Altamirano, Timothy Paulson, David Campos, Chelsea Boilard, Guillermina Castellanos, Tom Temprano and Dolores Huerta at San Francisco City Hall.
YES on C & E rally
Gordon Mar, November 5, 2012.
YES on C & E rally for affordable housing and to restore cuts to public services in SF! — with Somcan Sf, Conny Ford, Jennifer Friedenbach, Angelica Cabande, Tommi Avicolli Mecca, Sara Shortt, Fernando Marti and Chelsea Boilard at San Francisco City Hall.
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Chelsea Boilard June 12, 2016 ·
Chelsea Boilard May 12, 2016 ·
Chelsea Boilard May 12, 2016 ·
Chelsea Boilard May 12, 2016 ·
With Nancy Pili, Julieta Murga Kusnir, Sophia Simon-Ortiz, Jade Rivera, Patricia Barraza, Jane Martin, David Norris, Mia Paraiso, Renee Strain, Pina Canaveral, Kimberly Dorthea, Frances Hsieh, Rosario Cervantes, Neva Walker, Kevin Hickey, Kevine Boggess, Marissa Bloom, Richard Johnson, Mei-ying Williams and Don Misumi in San Francisco, California.
Chelsea Boilard May 28, 2016 ·
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Coleman board members
Chelsea Boilard June 16, 2015 ·
Chelsea Boilard April 24, 2015 ·
Bay Area Rising!
Chelsea Boilard March 20, 2015 ·
Bay Area Rising! #building #wearethechange — with Robbie Clark, Christine Tervalon-Garrett, Esperanza Tervalon-Garrett, Jahmese Kathleen Myres, Jessamyn Sabbag, Adam Gold, Fabiana Ochoa, Neva Walker, N'Tanya Lee, Antonio Diaz, Maria Poblet, Emily Ja-ming Lee, Ayoka Turner, Timmy Lu, Linda Lee and Mario Yedidia.
Black Lives Matter
Chelsea Boilard February 4, 2015 near Oakland, CA ·
- DropTheCharges against the #BlackFriday14! — with Kimberly Dorthea, Neva Walker, Mahnani Clay, Kevine Boggess and Samantha Liapes.
Chelsea Boilard October 3 2015:
- - 2014 CSL AWARDS & BAY AREA JEFFERSON AWARD
- [http://www.euroamerican.org/library/confarchive/WASIV/SummitIVinvitation.pdf 4th Annual White AntiRacist Summit, to be held Saturday, April 5th, 2008 at the WhitePrivilege Conference in Springfield, Mass.]
- CPE Recent Activities
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109