Charity Hicks (d) was a Michigan activist.
Nayyirah Shariff connection
I-75 united! — with Charity Mahouna Hicks.
Van Jones award host committee
On November 18, 2010, the far left Maurice & Jane Sugar Law Center for Economic & Social Justice presented "The Maurice Sugar Voice for Justice Award" to Van Jones "Human Rights Activists and Green-Jobs Advocate", at the United Way for Southeastern Michigan, 660 Woodward Ave, Suite 300.
Members of the Honorary Host Committee were;
- Jeffrey Breslin, RN, President, Michigan Nurses Association
- Hon. Hansen Clarke, Michigan Senate
- Hon. Kenneth V. Cockrel, Jr., Detroit City Council
- Diana Copeland, Executive Director, East Michigan Environmental Action Council
- David Elsila, Retired Editor, UAW Solidarity Magazine
- Leslie Fields, National Director of Environmental Justice, Sierra Club
- Michael Garfield, Director, The Ecology Center
- Ponsella Hardaway, Executive Director, MOSES
- W. Kim Heron, Editor, Metro Times
- Charity Hicks, Detroit Black Community Food Security Network
- Hon. Brenda Jones, Detroit City Council
- Bob King, President, UAW International
- Chris Kolb, President, Michigan Environmental Council
- Andy Levin, Acting Director, Michigan Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth
- Hon. Claudia Morcom, Retired Wayne County Circuit Court Judge
- Kary Moss, Executive Director, ACLU of Michigan
- Hasan Newash, Palestine Office of Michigan
- Fred Redmond, International Vice President, United Steelworkers
- Hon. JoAnn Watson, Detroit City Council
- Ed Wendel, General Counsel, United Food & Commercial Workers
- Saundra Williams, President, Metro Detroit AFL-CIO
- Diann Woodard, President, American Federation of School Administrators
World Social Forum 2013
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance activists attended the World Social Forum 2013 held in Tunis, Tunisia. Delegates included Kali Akuno (MXGM), Jordan Flaherty (Floodlines), Maria Poblet (CJ/JC), Helena Wong (CAAAV), Erin Byrd (BWFJ), Autumn Martinez (UE 199), Cindy Wiesner (GGJ), Charity Hicks (EMEAC), and Tammy Bang Luu (LCSC).
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Charity Hicks was among those on the list. 
National Congress of the MST
Nijmie Dzurinko February 9, 2014:
Owólabi William Copeland February 15, 2011 ·