Center for Disability Rights
Center for Disability Rights (CDR) is not-for-profit disability advocacy group that promotes federal funding for people with disabilities.
According to their website:
- "Center for Disability Rights is a disability led, not-for-profit Corporation. We provide services to people with disabilities and seniors within the framework of an Independent Living Model which promotes independence of people with all types of disabilities, enabling choice in living setting, full access to the community, and control of their life.
- "Center for Disability Rights works for national, state, and local systemic change to advance the rights of people with disabilities by supporting direct action, coalition building, community organizing, policy analysis, litigation, training for advocates, and community education.
- "Center for Disability Rights advocates for the full integration, independence, and civil rights of people with disabilities.
ADA and Olmstead
Much of the legislation and activism promoted by Center for Disability Rights is based on the the 1999 Olmstead decision, where the US Supreme Court "affirmed the right of people with disabilities to receive their long term care services in the most integrated setting."
This was affirmation of The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which held that “[n]o individual shall be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any person who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation.”
- Bruce Darling – President/Chief Executive Officer
- Chris Lestorti – Director of Finance
- Staci Kominiarek – Director of Program Development and Quality Improvement
- Director of Human Resources
- Mary Brett – Director of Waiver Services/All About You Homecare
- Stephanie Woodward, J.D. – Director of Advocacy
- Roger Strickland – Director of Information Technology
- Sheila Middlebrook – Director of Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services
- Rebecca Payton – Director of Independent Living Services
- Director of Development
- Kizi Hill – Customer Service Manager
- Marsha Sweet – Director of Pooled Trust
Board of Directors
- Roberta Wallach, Board Chair
- Debbie Bonomo, Co-Vice Chair
- Anthony DiGiovanni, Co-Vice Chair
- Murray Stahl, Treasurer
- Joseph Miller, Secretary
- Kathyrn Cappella, Director
- Molly Clifford, Director
- Diane Coleman, Director
- Kenyatta DaCosta, Director
- Nicholas Jones, Director
- Gary Meyer, Director
- Patricia Taggart, Director