- 1 DSA official
- 2 Debs Dinner Comrades
- 3 Occupy Flint Involvement
- 4 Student debt
- 5 Comrades
- 6 NPC candidate
- 7 2017-2017 DSA NPC members
- 8 South Sound Facebook public group
- 9 Personnel
- 10 DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
- 11 Central Arkansas Democratic Socialists of America
- 12 Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
- 13 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 14 Detroit DSA FB group
- 15 Meeting Nina Turner
- 16 References
Catherine Hoffman is a Detroit activist.
Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America's by-laws require biannual election of officers and executive board. "We will hold elections at our general membership meeting on September 11th (2010)... The executive board recommended the following slate:"
- Chair: David Green
- Vice-Chair: Catherine Hoffman
- Secretary: Selma Goode
- Treasurer: Dave Ivers
- At Large Executive Board Members: Ken Jenkins, Lon Herman, Reg McGhee, Phil Schloop, David Elsila
Debs Dinner Comrades
Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America October 29 2019·
2019 Detroit DSA Douglass Debs Dinner Throwback Dana Martinez.
Occupy Flint Involvement
- "I went to Occupy Flint for a little bit yesterday. There were at least a couple hundred people which I thought was pretty good considering it was in the middle of the day and it was kind of rainy. There seemed to be a wide range of ages there, which was nice (I was expecting it to be mostly students). We were right downtown, and got a ton of support from all the people driving by."
In 2014 Catherine Hoffman was working toward her teaching certification in social studies at the University of Michigan. When she finishes student teaching, she will graduate with around $50,000 in debt, which includes loans she took out for previous degrees that did not lead to jobs. “I’m living with my parents to save money,” Hoffman said.
- I’ve been am active member of Detroit DSA since I joined as a college student in the early 2000’s...I’ve identified as a feminist since I was a teenager, and I am also a member of the lgbtq community. I know that our socialism must include strong support for members of marginalized communities.
- I’ve been on Detroit DSA’s executive board for a number of years, and have been vice-chair of the chapter for the past few years. One of my first big projects with Detroit DSA was to help lead a successful campaign which pressured Wayne State University to adopt a policy stating that the university would not produce products made in sweatshops. For about five years, I handled all of my local’s social media. I also have a lot of experience canvassing, doing coalition work, and working with socialists who have a diverse range of opinions. Detroit DSA was instrumental in helping Bernie Sanders win in Michigan’s primary election and, with several other DSA members, I helped run the Bernie campaign office in Pontiac. At the national level, I led DSA’s Drop Student Debt campaign for the first few month, helping to get that campaign off the ground. I’m a very active member of our social media team, and have been co-chair of that committee for the past few months. I am also a member of the DSA Queer Working Group and recently created a Facebook group for LGBTQ DSA members.
2017-2017 DSA NPC members
Members elected to the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee, August 2017;
- Catherine Hoffman
- Chris Maisano
- Christian Bowe
- Christine Riddiough
- Danny Fetonte
- Dele Balogun
- Ella Mahony
- Jeremy Gong
- Joseph Schwartz
- Theresa Alt
- Allie Cohn
- Leslie Driskill
- Natalie Midiri
- R.L. Stephens
- Ravi Ahmad
- Zac Echola
South Sound Facebook public group
- CJ Chapman
- Philip Bradford
- William Daniel Coffey
- Amy C. Pittman
- Jeremy Gong
- Russell Rawlings
- Melody Yee
- Leah Terry
- Catherine Hoffman
DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
Central Arkansas Democratic Socialists of America
Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 Catherine Hoffman was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
Detroit DSA FB group
Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America closed Facebook group, accessed April 22 2018.
- This is a closed group for members of Detroit DSA where we can share information specific to our chapter. Help us grow this group by adding other DSA people you may be friends with on Facebook! 
Admins and Moderators
- Danielle Aubert, Assistant Professor at Wayne State University
- Naomi Burton, Director at FleishmanHillard
- Catherine Hoffman, Created group on March 6, 2018
- Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America