Carol Ann Robins
Carol Ann Robins ...
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Carol...Pennsylvania was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Carol Ann Robins, United Postal Workers of America, Pennsylvania, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Multiracial Left How can we build a multi-racial, multi-national left movement? A critical question for the survival and effectiveness of the left.
- Jose Cervantes, Chicano political activist, Seattle
- Karega Hart, Socialist Organizing Network
- Carol Ann Robins, factory worker, Philadelphia
- Leslie Shaheen, organizer, Local 1199, NY
- Jim Brough, political action coordinator, California School Employees Association, Santa Cruz