Brandon C. J. Shaw is a community activist, organizer, and co-chair for Progressive Student Alliance – USAS local 68; he is also the editor of Subliminally Speaking and a writer in Memphis, Tennessee. He is associated with the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Brandon Shaw is a community activist, organizer, and co-chair for Progressive Student Alliance – USAS local 68; he is also the editor of Subliminally Speaking and a writer. He wrote an article and poem for the Freedom Road Socialist Organization website "44 years after Fred Hampton’s murder, the struggle continues", posted on Wednesday December 4th, 2013 by Brandon Shaw and Janelle Jackson.
Kathleen Brower October 23, 2013 ·
"Say Zir Name"
Dunford Hall room 2326 Thursday 12 November 2015, organized by UTK Progressive Student Alliance "Say Zir Name".
- Special guest Cazembe Jackson, our trans brother and bad ass organizer for South will share his story as a transman in the movement and how he held his comrades accountable for his pronouns. He will also make awareness for pronouns and elevating trans existance more intersectional mentioning policy brutality and mass incarceration of black transwomen.
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Melanie Barron, Kristin Moretz, Lucy Greer, LaSabra LeeAnn Williams, Emily Gregg, Donna Bra-kay, Morgan Smith, Rachel West, Allison Joslin, Kristen Godfrey, Amira Sakalla, Caroline Rogers, Meghan Martin, Elizabeth Stanfield, Alina Clay, Jocelyn B. White, Gwen Schablik, Jamie Greig, Breann Cooper, Mary Geiser, Lindsay Jai, Cris Dark, Hanna Cat Wilkinson, Becca Payton, Genevieve Jeter, Priyam Madhukar, Leigh Belmont, Nicky Frazier, Courtney Anderson, Chelsey Verzosa, Charlotte Lee, Maggie Marsh, Erica Davis, Catherine Boggan, Alyssa Loveday, Hayley Brundige, Anna Masson, Karly Safar, Danielle Sapore, Sara Hitson, Emily Hoffman, Madeleine Lewis, Amanda Eleanor Pitts, Kennedy Childress, Deanna Nagle, Rachel Pilkinton, Ciara Louise Naomi, Evie Briley, Elizabeth Wright, Bailey Ayanna Allen, Katie Myers, Charice Starr, Colleen Ryan, Kelsey Theodore, Kamilya Gosmanova, Emily Robinson, Rae Jones, Kate Stamper, Carlie Nicole, Yasameen Hoffman-Shahin, Kaleb Emmert, Klay Ra Willyn, Travis Daniel Wilson, Brandon Shaw, Johnathan DeWitt Clayton, David Alex Hayes, Mitch Thompson, David Collins, Will Clifft, Ariel Tesla Farley, Joshua Brown, Don Black, Kumail Ibraheem, Andy Renison, William Dirmeyer, Benjamin D. Young, Adam Hughes, Ben McClendon, John Pena, Robert Cremins, Noah King, Mark McKee, Jack Petschulat, Jordan Welsh, Brandon Ray Darr, Jenishea Lewis, Alex Fields, Rodolfo Urquieta, Will Gabelman, JT Taylor, Dhruv Majumdar, Tyler Kibbey, Devin Earhart, Thomas Tran, Geoffrey M. Bennett Hervey, Harlan Mitchell, Wesley Shaun Malik Williams, Kendrick Young. 
PSA student fair 2016
Memphis Progressive Student Alliance, 2016;
2016 Memphis PSA launch
Join us for the UofM Progressive Student Alliance kick-off meeting this coming Tuesday, September 20th on the UofM Campus. It will be in Clement Hall, Room 213 at 4PM. We are THE organization on campus fighting against racism, gender oppression, and economic injustice. Join us as we unite for our first meeting and discuss the general structure of PSA, our vision, and our campaigns for the semester. The 2016 presidential election season is upon us. The time is ripe to organize, and to DUMP Donald TRUMP!
Invited Paul Morquecho, Annie Bird, Katy Ochoa, Jeshua David, Rickie Aimee, Lucas Olsen, Mia Jordan, Jonathan Capriel, Chase Baltz, Matthew Brown, Sydney Melissa, Jroc Jarvis, Josh Adams, Leslie Monique Wellman, Carly Christensen, Keedran Franklin, Allison Escobar, Kayla Marie Thomas, Jayanni Elizabeth, Ellen Uhlmann, Tailer Ransom, Lizzie Dean, Dai Williams, Wesley Morgan Paraham, Tamam Arafat, Cali Baer, Brandon C J Shaw, Charlotte Watson, Anna CP, Chrissy Green, Mike Butler, Thomas Wayne Walker, Tom Smith, Dana Asbury, Jeffrey Lichtenstein.
Tennessee Student Union Project
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Brandon Shaw.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Brandon Shaw.
- [The Red Record, Living Wage gets louder at the University of Memphis Posted on April 18, 2013]
- Wherevent, Say Zir Name
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109