- 1 Background
- 2 #Justice4Jerome
- 3 Protests againt Philippine President Gloria Arroyo
- 4 Anti War rally
- 5 WWP conference
- 6 Corky Gonzalez tribute
- 7 "A Women’s Place is in the Struggle"
- 8 Anti-Petraeus demo
- 9 "New Cold War"
- 10 Left Forum 2014
- 11 UNAC leadership
- 12 Celebrating with Defend Durham
- 13 Reference
Bernadette Ellorin aka: Berna Ellorin is the chair of Bayan USA and member of NYCHRP and NAFCON. Bagong Alyansang Makabayan, or BAYAN USA, an alliance of 18 Filipino-American organizations fighting for genuine sovereignty, peace and democracy in the Philippines as well as the rights and welfare of Filipinos in the US and the diaspora.
Bernadette Ellorin is the current Secretary-General of Bayan USA, the first overseas territorial chapter of BAYAN Philippines. Ellorin is also the Special Commissioner for Philippine based-Concerns of the National Alliance for Filipino Concerns or NAFCON. In her capacity, she develops national campaigns and press machineries for over 12 Filipino people's organizations in the United States and liaisons with social justice organizations in the Philippines. She is also part of the Secretariat of the Justice for the Sentosa 27 campaign against illegal recruitment. In the late 1990's into the early 2000's, Ellorin served as a member of Philippine Forum's youth arm, formerly named MAKABAYAN. She also helped to establish a young Filipino women's organization named FORWARD in New York City from 2001 to 2003. Bernadette is originally from San Diego, California and is now living in Brooklyn, NY with her husband. Bernadette is also a part of the Sandiwa National Fil-Am Youth Conference aka SANDIWA
ICHRP US International Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines April 25, 2018:
Zahra Billoo, Executive Director of the Council on American Islamic Relations with ICHRP US members Katie Joaquin and Bernadette Ellorin. #Justice4Jerome #NoMuslimBanEver — at Supreme Court of the United States.
Protests againt Philippine President Gloria Arroyo
In July 2005 Bernadette Ellorin held a protest against then Philippine President Gloria Arroyo advocating that she resign and that the US Government forcer resignation by stopping all money being wired to the Philippines from the USA. This is particular ironic as Ellorin advocates against the USA for its perceived involvement in internal Philippine politics. In addition Ellorin is a US Citizen not a Fiilipino Citizen.
Anti War rally
Hundreds of activists braved the cold for a march and rally that began at Times Square in New York City on Feb. 17, 2007.
Speakers included Berna Ellorin, BAYAN-USA; Mary Lou Al-Awda, Palestine Right of Return Coalition; Mary Klopart, Grannies for Peace; Ellie Ommani, American-Iranian Friendship Committee; Comrade Shahid, Pakistani USA Freedom Forum; Mia Cruz, FIST; Fallou Gueye, Union of African Workers-Senegalese; Jesse Heiwa, Rainbow Solidarity for the Cuban Five; WayQuay, Leonard Peltier Defense Committee; Jonathan Brown, World Can’t Wait; TONC representatives Larry Holmes, Brenda Stokely, Sara Flounders, Sharon Black and Dustin Langley.
Other speakers included Councilperson Charles Barron, who recently introduced a local resolution against the war funding, Chris Silvera, chair of the Teamsters National Black Caucus and representatives from Millions for Mumia and Fanmi Lavalas.
Long Island City, Queens, N.Y. — The stage banner in a school auditorium in Queens, N.Y., said it all: “Workers World Party stands in solidarity with Gaza, Ferguson and Ayotzi! Down with capitalism! Fight for socialism!”
This theme resonated on Nov. 15-16 2014, as the Workers World Party annual national conference highlighted major struggles here and worldwide, including resistance to U.S. police and military occupation — from Occupied Gaza to Ferguson, Mo.
Joe Lombardo was a guest at the 2014 Conference.
Maggie Vascassenno, from Los Angeles, chaired a panel on solidarity with Lucy Pagoada, a founder of Honduras USA Resistencia; Charles Jenkins, president, New York Chapter of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists; Kazem Azim, SI-Solidarity with Iran; Berna Ellorin, chairperson of BAYAN USA; Mick Kelly, Freedom Road Socialist Organization; Victor Toro, a founder of Chile’s Movement of the Revolutionary Left, who won the right to live in the United States after facing the threat of deportation; and Joe Lombardo, co-coordinator of the United National Antiwar Coalition.
Corky Gonzalez tribute
500 Years of Chicano History June 18, 2013;
Happy 85th birthday Rodolfo Gonzales! Corky and the Crusade for Justice fought for community in Denver and his legacy lives on in the city today! The gente in Denver are in the middle of a fight to get a new Library named in honor of the author/poet/ community organizer. Among his many accomplishments Corky is a recent inductee to the Colorado Sports Hall of Game for his professional boxing career. Que Viva Corky! — with Maclovio Maki Lucero, Nita Gonzales, Jesus De Los Santos, Baba Zayid, Cami Wengler Vignoe, Fanny Guadalupe, Jonna Baldres, Sandra Bazan-Molnar, Ken Brown, Baub Bidon, Archie Barnes-Bey, Jesse J. Martinez, Alex Martinez, Ingrid S. Hill, Junior Martinez, D. Martinez Rodriguez, Bernadette Ellorin, Erik Sorensen-Braasch, Carolyn Kenny, Tanisha Jacob, Kazembe Balagun, Daniel Adrian Santiago, Ngoma Hill, Sandra Mistretta, Roxana Zavala Marroquin, Lawrence Hamm, Vaimoana Litia Makakaufaki Niumeitolu, Yoko Liriano and Yves Nibungco.
"A Women’s Place is in the Struggle"
"A Women’s Place is in the Struggle: A Report back on the Women Against Imperialism! Panel"
March 21 2013, three "outstanding women organizers", Bernadette Ellorin of Bagong Alyansang Makabayan-USA or New Patriotic Alliance-USA (BAYAN-USA), Monami Maulik of Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM), and Lamis Deek of Al-Awda New York, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition, spoke at CUNY John Jay College. The panel was moderated by Fernanda Pardo, a member of Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee and the Women’s Workteam of RSCC.
2 W 64th St,New York 29 October 2014, 17:30 -19:30.
Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- Last year students were suspended, a community center was illegally shut down and the City College campus turned into a police-run campus in order to suppress the movement led by CUNY students and faculty to drive ROTC and War Criminal David Petraeus out of our university. Now the Macaulay Honors College is inviting him to speak. Let's be there to let Petraeus know that CUNY rejects imperialism and its war criminals!
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Sharmin Hossain, Angie De LaGhetto, Nerdeen Kiswani, Zeina Alturk, Mila Lebron, Avia Michelle, Monique Thompson, Dalilah Freeman, Meli LaSalle, Coche Bomba, Shohag Ahmed, Donnie Donilon, Hasan İncedere, Michael Bellamy, Katrina Cortes, Sabin Rene Figaro, Thalmann Pradeep Pereira, Myles Glynn, Daniela Robles Martínez, Ayumila Hilai, Khalil Antonio Vasquez, Jeff Camp, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Erick Moreno, Scott Williams, Bernadette Ellorin, Susie Abdel, Dan Cione, Abdu Salman, Percy Lujan, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Vishal Singh, Avia Michelle, Marc Durougeot, Christopher Rieth, Rayn Cornielle, Louis Oprisa, Mike Legaspi, Bayu Patria, Merlin Miano Patramani, Shake Zula, Sabiha Azad, Jan Makovec, Josmar Trujillo, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Shandell Is, Jasper Washa, Richard Finkelstein, Jared Flanery, Jose LaSalle, Behrooz Navaii, Alexi Shaaloom, Nick Maniace, Rey Valentin, Uthkarsh Dev, Owsspag Apollo, Rani Ghosson.
"New Cold War"
New York City: What’s driving the new ‘Cold War’? Will It escalate? Can we stop it?
Teach-In: Saturday, May 10 2014 Riverside Church, Tower Room.
- NATO expansion and encirclement of Russia & China
- Why the U.S. wants a confrontation over Ukraine
- ‘Asia Pivot,’ AFRICOM & the ‘War on Terror’
- How Washington uses NGOs, fascist movements, mercenaries & drones to promote its agenda
- Why our real enemy is Wall Street – not Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Korea …
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general, human rights lawyer
- Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, now antiwar activist
- Larry Holmes, People’s Power Assembly
- Sara Flounders, International Action Center
- Avin Dirki, Syrian American Forum
- Joe Lombardo, United National Antiwar Coalition
- Bill Dores, International League of People’s Struggle
- Bernard White, CPR Metro Radio
- Bernadette Ellorin, BAYAN USA
- Dustin Ponder, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- William Camacaro, Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle
- Bahman Azad, U.S. Peace Council, Veterans for Peace
Left Forum 2014
People’s Struggles in Asia: Challenges, Opportunities and Solidarity People’s movements in the Third World have always been at the forefront of the fight against neoliberal globalization. With the U.S.'s growing military presence in Asia, the Middle East, and the Pacific region, it is important for Leftists in the US to understand what the material conditions faced by people are on the ground in Asia, and to identify sites of solidarity here in the United States.
Chair/Facilitator: Wai Yee Poon
The names and organizations of the people on the United National Antiwar Coalition administrative committee are below:
- Marilyn Levin - Co-coordinator New England United
- Joe Lombardo - Co-coordinator Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace
- Chris Gauvreau - Connecticut United for Peace
- Sara Flounders - International Action Center, Workers World Party
- Joe Iosbaker- Committee to Stop FBI Repression, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- Margaret Kimberley - Black Agenda Report
- Judy Bello - Fellowship of Reconciliation, Upstate Coalition to Ground the Drones and End the Wars
- Bernadette Ellorin - BAYAN, USA, Workers World Party affiliate
- Representative Muslim Peace Coalition, USA
- Abayomi Azikiwe- Pan African News Wire, Michigan Emergency Committee Against War and Injustice, Workers World Party
- Jeff Mackler San Francisco UNA
Celebrating with Defend Durham
Pam Tau Lee February 23 2018;
Celebrating the dismissal of charges with members of Defend Durham in Durham, North Carolina. Read about the case here... https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/durham-confederate-monument-charges-dismissed/553808/ — with Dante Strobino, Loan Tran, Elena Everett, Bernadette Ellorin, Adrian Bonifacio and Terry Valen.
- Sandiwa Confrence website(accessed June 7, 2011)
- Filipino Express article(accessed June 7, 2011)
- Struggle heats up vs. Iraq war funding, By Monica Moorehead. New York Feb 21, 2007
- WW, WWP National Conference: ‘Down with capitalism!’By Monica Moorehead November 19, 2014
- "A Women’s Place is in the Struggle: A Report back on the Women Against Imperialism! Panel"
- [Chttps://www.unacpeace.org/about.html, UNAC administrative committee]