Becca Tumposky is a a former San Francisco area activist and a member of Freedom Road Socialist Organization. Now in Boston, she works on the Community Partnerships Program Assistant at Tufts University Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning.
She is active in the Catalyst Project and the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network. Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, and living in Oakland, CA, Tumposky has been active in Palestine Solidarity, anti-war and worker organizing for the past ten years. She was a member of the anti-racist/anti-imperialist Heads Up Collective in the Bay Area that bridged organizing for economic and racial justice with global justice and anti-war struggles.
She is the partner of Molly McKay Bryson.
Heads Up Collective members
Members of the Heads Up Collective have included Brooke Atherton El-Amine, Max Toth, Laura McNeill, Elaine Peterson, Kerry Levenberg, Amie Fishman, Clare Bayard, Eric Romann, Rahula Janowski, Mel Pilbin Baiser, Libbey Goldberg, Josh Connor, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Cory Schmanke Parrish, Sierra Spingarn, Dara Silverman, Jeff Giaquinto, Jamie Spector, Julia Allen, Sasha Vodnik, Cathy Rion Starr, and Becca Tumposky.
From 1993 to 1998 Challenging White Supremacy led two 15-week-long sessions a year in the Bay Area, working with hundreds of social justice activists. Shortly after the mass actions in Seattle that rocked the WTO, Elizabeth Martinez encouraged Sharon to develop political education specifically to work with the growing Global Justice movement. Sharon recruited younger generation left/radical anti-racists to build a new phase of CWS called ‘Anti-Racism for Global Justice’. While continuing to run the 15-week workshop series, the new project that became Catalyst quickly developed into a national training program. Over the next 5 years over 5000 participants from local groups and national networks went through Catalyst trainings. Catalyst developed through intergenerational mentorship and a commitment to non-sectarian left/radical movement building. Intergeneration mentorship has been a process by which we have connected to the lived history of social movements before us to draw lessons and inspiration for our work. In addition to sharing insights, movement veterans have been mentors supporting us to reflect on and draw lessons from our work. They have helped us to believe in ourselves, while also providing long-term perspective. Through such mentorship and our own political practice, we developed our commitment to a non-sectarian movement building framework committed to bringing forward the best of many left/radical traditions. We are committed to a praxis-based approach to political education and organizing. Sharon Martinas, Elizabeth Martinez, Paul Kivel, Nisha Anand and our other advisers supported us – Clare Bayard, Ingrid Chapman, Ari Clemenzi, Chris Crass, Amie Fishman, Kerry Levenberg, Missy Longshore, Molly McClure, Betty-Jeane Ruters-Ward, Alia Trindle, Becca Tumposky, Josh Warren-White.
Young Workers United
Member Young Workers United, July 2006 – August 2007;
- Supported campaign development for both policy initiatives and individual worker cases.
- Helped win historic campaign for paid sick days for workers in San Francisco
- Developed and facilitated political education programs for members.
War Times crew
In 2017, the "War Times Crew" consisted of Rebecca Gordon, Sasha Wright, Jan Adams, Hany Khalil, Clare Bayard, Lynn Koh, Rami El-Amine, Jen Soriano, John Trinkl, Gary Hicks, Carlos Martinez, Christine Ahn, Francesca Fiorentini, Felicia Gustin, Greg Hom, Max Elbaum, Nathan Paulsen, Michael Reagan, Sarah Lazare, Alicia Garza, Elvis Mendez, Becca Tumposky.
BOSTON RESILIENCE COLLABORATIVE
Resilient Boston is the result of input from more than 11,000 Bostonians. It reflects a collaborative and inclusive approach to developing solutions to address racial equity and resilience challenges. It seeks to break down typical City silos, use data to inform decision-making, and ensure that programs and policies are developed using a racial equity lens.
Steering Committee (Phase I: Establishing the Foundation)
- Felix D. Arroyo
- Magdalena Ayed
- Kalila Barnett
- Soledad Boyd
- Bithiah Carter
- Thomas Chang
- Elyse Cherry
- Michael Curry
- Rick Domini
- Sherry Dong
- Ivan Espinoza-Madrigal
- Mia Goldwasser
- Tucker Husband
- Tito Jackson
- James Jennings
- Todd Johnson
- Dan Koh
- Stacey Kokaram
- Juan Leyton
- Joyce Linehan
- Allistair Mallillin
- Chris Marchi
- Jessica Martin
- Thaddeus Miles
- Eva Millona
- Patricia Montes
- Sara Myerson
- Lisa Owens
- Ayanna Pressley
- David Queeley
- Veronica Robles
- Jim Rooney
- Richard Serino
- Renata Teodoro
- Idali Torres
- Becca Tumposky
- Monica Valdes Lupi
- Alberto Vasallo III
- Elizabeth Walker
- Darnell Williams
- Julie Wormser
Becca Tumposky is a member of Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Becca Tumposky.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Becca Tumposky .
- content/uploads/2013/01/Heads_Up_Strategic_Opportunities.pdf Towards Collective Liberation An Interview with the Heads Up Collective
- Catalyst Project about us, history
- War Times Crew, accessed February 14, 2017
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109