African American Equality Commission
THE IMPERIAL ROOTS OF GLOBAL WARMING: ECONOMIC, INDUSTRIAL, MILITARY.
U. Manhattan, 51 (101) Astor Pl. 12-story office building occupies the block between Third and Fourth Avenues in the East Village.
Workshop provides examples of imperialism in the Middle East, Latin America and Africa & the root causes.
U.S. Cuba Network extends solidarity to Charleston massacre victims
In a statement issued on June 20, 2015.
- The National Network on Cuba extends our solidarity to the survivors and our condolences to the families of the victims of the racist terror attack on Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. The Mother Emanuel AME Church is a symbol and example of African-American communities who have fought racism and oppression from before the first slave ships left the coast of Africa to the Black Lives Matter movement today. A founder of this church, Denmark Vesey, was hanged for planning a rebellion to end slavery.
- This racist massacre could never happen in Cuba because the very foundation of that country is based on respect for humanity and collective care for each other. In Cuba, these words are not just phrases but something they practice daily. These basic principles of solidarity between people also extend to the world, where time and time again Cuba has been the shining example of sending brigades to help fight against diseases, and they are first responders when a disaster happens. Cuba never asks for anything in return, like when they sent military assistance to Angola in the 1980s to help defeat the racist South African Army.
- The National Network on Cuba stands with the people of Charleston and says no to racism and white supremacy.
Catherine Murphy October 24, 2016:
Howard University Education Department will present Maestra this Thursday at 2pm - free & open to the public!
Come on over friends in the DMV! — with James Early, Kymone Tecumseh Freeman, Medea Benjamin, John Lists, Deborah Menkart, Paul Ortiz, Makani Themba, Karen Hampton, Karen Mafundikwa, Doris Derby, Luisa Crespo, Talaya Grimes, Annette Martin, Rhone Fraser, Mimi Machado-Luces, Saad Hayes Sodaye, Matthew White, Lisa Brock, Netfa Freeman, Sira Orozco, Luisa Campos, Eve Goldberg, Luci Murphy, Alison Kibbe, Curtis Muhammad, Mwiza C K Munthali, Mia Henry, Michelle Darden Lee, Alli Jarrar, Banbose Shango, Shah Boo and U.S. Women and Cuba Collaboration at Howard University.
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015
- US Peace Council,“THE IMPERIAL ROOTS OF GLOBAL WARMING: ECONOMIC, INDUSTRIAL, MILITARY” — USPC Workshop at the Global Climate Convergence, New York, Sept 21
- [http://www.workers.org/articles/2015/06/25/u-s-cuba-network-extends-solidarity-to-charleston-massacre-victims/ WW U.S. Cuba Network extends solidarity to Charleston massacre victims By a guest author posted on June 25, 2015]