Bamshad Mobasher is a Chicago activist. He is the partner of Angela Larson. Bamshad Mobasher is a professor of Computer Science and the director of the Center for Web Intelligence at DePaul University College of Computing and Digital Media in Chicago. He is also the co-founder and the director of the Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics at DePaul University. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science at Iowa State University in 1994. His general research areas include artificial intelligence and data mining. In particular, he is considered one of the leading authorities in Web mining, Web personalization, and recommender systems. He has published 5 edited books and approximately 200 scientific articles. As the director of the Center for Web Intelligence, he directs research in these areas and regularly works with the industry on various joint projects. He serves in leadership positions of several international conferences, including the ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, and the ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation, and Personalization. He has been an organizer of several long-running and highly regarded workshop series on Web mining and personalization, including the WebKDD series of workshops on Knowledge Discovery on the Web, the Workshop on Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization, and the Workshop on Recommender Systems for the Social Web. These workshops have been held regularly at conferences such as ACM KDD, IJCAI, UMAP, RecSys, and AAAI. Dr. Mobasher serves as an associate editor for the ACM Transactions on the Web, the ACM Transactions on Internet Technology and the ACM Transactions on Intelligent Interactive Systems. He has also served on the editorial boards of several other prominent computing journals, including User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, and the Journal of Web Semantics.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included Bamshad Mobasher.
United for Peace and Justice
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Defending the Public, Our Families, and Our Communities
A forum "Defending the Public, Our Families, and Our Communities" was held Saturday, April 9, 2011, Chicago Temple, 77 West Washington, Chicago.
- Join progressive leaders and activists to discuss strategies for defending our rights to earn, learn, and live in dignity. In the wake of the all-out attack against workers' rights and against programs that help our communities, it is more important than ever to come together across movements and push to realize a vision of FDR's "Second Bill of Rights." Panelists will discuss a roadmap to fight back and push for progressive priorities including ending wars and militarism; enhancing workers' rights; and developing economic policies that promote jobs and communities instead of corporate profits.
Opening Remarks: Jesus Garcia Cook County Commissioner, 7th District
- Adrienne Alexander Policy & Legislative Specialist, AFSCME Council 31
- Bill Barclay Chicago Political Economy Group
- Judge William Cousins (ret.) Member of the Board, South Side NAACP
- Bamshad Mobasher United for Peace & Justice, Oak Park Coalition for Truth and Justice
Joe Henry February 10, 2009 · Circa 1988 picture.
- [ https://www.cdm.depaul.edu/Faculty-and-Staff/Pages/faculty-info.aspx?fid=653]
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- [ http://www.chicagodsa.org/ngarchive/ng135.html, New ground 135, March -- April, 2011]