Atlanta Jobs with Justice
Atlanta Jobs with Justice is affiliated with Jobs with Justice.
Atlanta Jobs With Justice Launches 2018 Campaigns
Since 1987, Atlanta Jobs with Justice has been working as a coalition with progressive grassroots leaders across Atlanta, bringing together labor unions, community based organizations, faith based organizations, youth organizations, and individuals to lead and support campaigns for economic and social justice in our workplaces and in our communities. Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America helped revitalize the organization after a period of transition about 10 years ago and has been a member of the coalition ever since.
On Jan. 30 2018, MADSA members helped celebrate AJwJ's move to a new office at 420 McDonough Blvd. Coalition members announced our plans for the new year and heard about AJwJ's campaigns, including Vote With Justice, which alerts Atlantans to what's at stake in the fall elections; raising Georgia's minimum wage; expanding Medicaid; and stopping the profiling, detention and deportation of immigrants. For more info and a calendar of AJwJ events: atlantajwj.org. (L to R: Logos from AJwJ member organizations; AJwJ staff organizers Chartisia Griffin and Dee Dee Lay.
We are Jobs with Justice! WHEN WE FIGHT WE WIN!
- JwJDontPlay #JwJ16 — with Erika Civitarese, Noemi Sanchez, Shannan Reaze, Sara Fitouri, Savannah Rose, Kris Hall, Drew Lemish, Curtis Hierro, Denise Diaz, Bob Lynn, Jr., Basia Lynn.
As of 2016; Elected Executive Committee
- Erica Clemmons, 9to5 Atlanta
- Katie Foster, Atlanta North Georgia Labor Council / Georgia AFL-CIO
- Charon Gaskins, Atlanta Rai$e Up
- Sandra Williams, Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU)
- [ http://www.dsa-atlanta.org/atlanta_jobs_with_justice_launches_2018_campaigns_in_new_office MADSA Atlanta Jobs With Justice Launches 2018 Campaigns in New Office posted by BARBARA JOYE | 24.80sc February 01, 2018]