New Mayor and New Politics
On May 17 1983 Art Vasquez was a Panelist on A New Mayor and New Politics forum at Chicago State University Auditorium.
- The election of Harold Washington as Mayor of Chicago was more than one man's victory. It was a progressive people's declaration. The Black community and progressive Latinos and whites formed an unbetable force in a campaign for justice and equality.
Panelist were Paul Booth, Juanita Bratcher, David Cantor, Slim Coleman, Danny Davis, Keith Davis, Ron Davis, Ishmael Flory, Rev Harry Gibson, Nancy Jefferson, Richard Newhouse, Lu Palmer, Art Vasquez, Conrad Worrill sponsored by Black Press Institute and Independent Citizens Alliance.
New Party mailing list
- Roberto de la Cruz/Karen
- Charlie Williams, IAM
- Joe Costigan, ACTWU
- Jody Kretzman
- Sokoni Karanja, Center for New Horizons
- John Owens, Developing Communities Project
- Doug Gillis, KOCO
- Elce Redmond NAC
- Perry Cartwright -- see Carl Davidson
- Rev. Ed Riddick, Operation PUSH
- Art Vasquez
- John Donahue, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Barry Romo, Vietnam Veterans Against the War - see Carl for address
- Marilyn Katz
- Rob Mier
- Pat Gleason, Salsedo
- A Forum Pamphlet Harold Washington Papers
- Chicago NP mailing list, circa 1993