Communist Party candidate
Claude Lightfoot Reception
Linda Appelhans, Margaret Appelhans, Arnold Becchetti, Leon Beverly, Richard Criley, Reverend Martin Deppe, Ishmael Flory, Frances Gabow, Ben Green, Bill Hampton, FatherJohn Hill, Mrs. Christine Johnson, Jack Kling, Attorney Max Maiman, Margaret Palmer, John Pappademos, Ted Pearson, A. A. Rayner, Jr., Harold Rogers, Norman Roth, Attorney Irving Steinberg, Gil Terry, Robbylee Terry, Charles Wilson and Sylvia Woods.
We Will Make Peace Prevail!
On March 28, 1982 the New World Review organized a gala luncheon "We Will Make Peace Prevail! Disarmament Over Confrontation, Life Over Death", at the Grand Ballroom, Hotel Roosevelt, New York City. Virtually all participants were identified as Communist Party USA.
Endorsing Communist Party call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
1997 May Day
In People's Weekly World, May Day Special Supplement, Section J, 1997 an advertisement was placed "Solidarity with workers everywhere in their struggles for a better life for all! from Northern California Friends of the People's Weekly World/Nuestri Mundo:
Signatories included Arnold Becchetti .
Endorsed Communist Party fund raiser
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Arnold Becchetti, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Salt of the Earth Labor College 2002 speakers
Salt of the Earth Labor College 2002 speakers included;
- Sept. 14, will be a presentation on “The Battle for National Health Care” by Dr. Michael Gray, Medical Director of Progressive Health Care Group in Benson. Dr. Gray will lead a discussion about the ongoing struggle for a universal health care system, and the efforts to extend Medicare and Medicaid benefits to cover prescription drugs and other health needs. Gray’s presentation will be given in the context of the November elections and the need to defeat the ultra-right forces as part of the movement to win full and equal health care coverage for all.
- Pima Community College Professor and longtime community activist, Lupe Castillo, will present and lead a discussion on the struggle of immigrant workers for full rights, including the right to organize unions.
- Salt of the Earth Board Member Jack Blawis, will be on the Bush administration’s attack on the civil rights of workers and their unions, using the Sept. 11 events as a cover.
- Veteran West Coast Longshore leader, Abba Ramos, has been invited for a presentation on the special role played by rank and file workers in organizing, building, and keeping the labor movement strong.
- The weekend of Nov. 16-17 will feature a two-day series of classes on the basics of Marxism. Communist Party USA National Board member Arnold Becchetti will teach an introduction to the scientific socialist worldview, and its application to struggles facing working families in the U.S.
CPUSA National Office
Pat Barile, lower right, with some of his co-workers at the CPUSA National Office, April 1977. Top row, from left: Joelle Fishman, Ken Newcomb, Beth Edelman, Betty Smith, Ed Teixeira, Margaret Cann, and Lee Dlugin. Bottom row, from left: Henry Winston, Jake Green, and Arnold Becchetti.
- Daily World, November 2, 1972, page 2
- Full text of "The nationwide drive against law enforcement intelligence operations : hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, first session
- We Will Make Peace Prevail! event brochure
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- Peoples Weekly World, September 11, 1999
- Salt of Earth school opens Sept. 14, by: Joe Bernick September 5 2002