Alliance for Global Justice
Alliance for Global Justice is an affiliate of Ella's Daughters.
Solidarity with Sept. 24 FBI Raid Activists
The Committee to Stop FBI Repression lists Alliance for Global Justice as one of the organizations that has issued a statement of solidarity in support of the activists raided in the September 24, 2010 FBI Raids.
China: where is it headed?
China: where is it headed? Towards socialism or capitalism? was a public internet event hosted by Janet Jenkins Tucker. It was held Monday, August 28 at 9 PM - 10:30 PM.
It was created for Committees of Correspondence for Democracy & Socialism.
- China: where is it headed? towards socialism or capitalism? resisting imperialism? Reportback from an activist delegation
- What is the political orientation of China's amazing development program? This was one topic debated during the July 2017 people-to-people activist delegation sponsored by the National Immigrant Solidarity Network, affiliated with the Alliance for Global Justice. The group engaged in an unusual range of political discussions with the Chinese: a Maoist discussion group, a successful capitalist entrepreneur and advocates of the official policy of "socialism with Chinese characteristics."
- The delegation also visited two rural cooperatives and a self-organized migrant workers village. On July 7, the program included the museum commemorating the war of resistance to Japanese imperialism on the 80th anniversary of the full-scale Japanese invasion. Another visit was to a new museum devoted to learning about the 200,000 Chinese "comfort women" or sex slaves during World War II.
- Presentations will be given by delegation members Duncan McFarland, CCDS national coordinating committee and, Lee Siu Hin member of United for Peace and Justice steering committee. Full discussion will follow.
- Lee Siu Hin, organizer of the delegation, is the founder of the China-US Activist Solidarity Project, a new program of people-to-people solidarity and exchange between the US and China. He works and travels between the two countries.
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression: Solidarity Statements (accessed on Oct. 6, 2010)
- China: where is it headed? Towards socialism or capitalism?