Template:TOCnestleft Alan Maki is a Texas (formerly northern Minnesota activist who has been involved in the peace, labor, civil rights, and environmental movements for over 30 years, and is a socialist.
- Studied at Tidewater Community College
- Went to Union High School
Weathermen Flint "War Council"
December 27-31, 1969, about 400 of the national membership of the Weatherman faction of Students for a Democratic Society held a “War Council” at a ballroom dancehall in Flint, Michigan. Posters of a giant cardboard machinegun, Ho Chi Minh, Che Guevera, and Fidel Castro hung everywhere.
Among the attendees of the “War Council in Flint" identified by the Flint police department and/or its informant were: Michael Avey, Karen Ashley, Bill Ayers, Edward Benedict, Margaret Bennett, Douglas Bernhardt, Jeff Blum, Harvey Blume, David Chase, Peter Clapp, Judy Clark, Bernardine Dohrn, Diane Donghi, Linda Evans, Brian Flannigan, David Flatley, John Fuerst, Lynn Ray Garvin, Bert Garskof, Michele Garskoff, Mark Glasser, Theodore Gold, Lenny Handlesman, Ann Hathaway, Karen Hardiman, Daniel Hardy, Tom Hayden, Phoebe Hirsch, Arthur Hochberg, Anne Hodges, John Jacobs, Jeff Jones, Sam Karp, David Klafter, Dianne Kohn, Peter Kuttner, Bradford Lang, Stephen Lang, Karen Latimer, Jonathan Lerner, Naomi Lev, Bradford Long, Alan Maki, Eric Mann, Howard Machtinger, Carol McDermott, L.R. Meadows, Lisa Meisel, Jeff Melish, James Mellen, David Millstone, Russell Neufeld, Diana Oughton, John Pilkington, Edward Purtz, Jonah Raskin, Natalie Rosenstein, Dennis Roskamp, Mark Rudd, Karen Selin, Mark Shapiro, Janet Snider, Mike Spiegel, Jane Spiegelman, Marsha Steinberg, David Sole, Susan Stern, Clayton Van Lydegraf, Cathy Wilkerson and Mary Wozniak.
Communist Party candidate
Memorial to Coleman Young
Signatories to the memorial included Alan Maki.
Communist Party USA
Alan Maki was a member of the Communist Party USA, until his membership was canceled in 2004.
- Speaking of "majorities" I notice that the majority of the delegates to the Minnesota Democratic - Farmer - Labor Party State Convention voted for the resolution for single-payer universal healthcare written by campaigned for Alan Maki. It seems quite a few of the majority of people with real names and real credentials as delegates to a State Convention of a political party supported Alan Maki. I wonder how many "redones" and "Mikhails" can claim such majorities supporting their work?
- I first met Alan Maki while he and a friend were "tabling" with posters, leaflets and petitions for peace and single-payer universal healthcare at the local supermarket when he was traveling across Minnesota organizing a statewide movement to pass this single-payer universal healthcare resolution. I held a small gathering in my kitchen of friends who listened to Alan Maki and then became involved in the single-payer movement. It took us six years to pass this resolution on single-payer universal health care and it passed by 72% of a Democratic Party state convention of almost 2,000 delegates of which Alan Maki was one of those elected delegates. He was also elected by a majority to serve on the Minnesota Democratic Farmer-Labor Party State Central Committee.
- To me it seems the major problem confronting all of us is how to organize communist party clubs having a majority of members like Alan Maki who helped us organize our little Hardwood Creek Trail Club here in Minnesota in spite of his being maliciously attacked by a bunch of people who don't even dare to use their real names claiming they speak for "majorities."
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
CPUSA DFW Region Closed Group
Members included Alan Maki .
United Socialists initiative
- This group is for left unity. All factions of leftists welcome for open debate and forum discussion
- Senate, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws, The Weather Underground, Committee Print, January 1975, 126-7
- Daily World, November 2, 1972, page 2
-  Lisa Boucher's Blog, Where's The Change?, accessed July 5, 2010
- In These Times, Labor Hits Jackpot, By Melinda Tuhus,February 5, 2008
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran