Adrienne Maree Brown
- 1 "Beyond Survival"
- 2 "A letter from the movement to the movement'
- 3 Up For Democracy
- 4 “How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office"
- 5 National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
- 6 Dream Reborn
- 7 Healthcare-Now!
- 8 US Social Forum National Planning Committee
- 9 Youth Multi-media classes
- 10 Ear to the Ground Project
- 11 FRSO friendly
- 12 "Somatic transformation" comrades
- 13 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 14 "Introduction to Black feminism"
- 15 Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
- 16 Comrades
- 17 Cazembe connection
- 18 References
Adrienne Maree Brown... is a 2013 Kresge Literary Arts Fellow writing science fiction in Detroit. She is the co-editor of the forthcoming anthology Octavia’s Brood: Science Fiction from Social Justice Movements with Walidah Imarisha. She has helped to launch the Octavia Butler and Emergent Strategy Reading Network for people interested in reading Octavia’s work from a political and strategic framework, and is building with Octavia E Butler Legacy Network on other ways of extending Butler’s work.
In terms of writing, Adrienne blogs regularly on this site, and is a contributing editor for YES! magazine.
Adrienne is in Somatics Teacher Training to deepen her healing, doula and facilitation work. In the past few years she has been a facilitator for the Detroit Food Justice Task Force, Detroit Future, and the Detroit Digital Justice Coalition. She is a part of the faculty for the Center for Whole Communities. She also partnered with Engage to facilitate a year-long Community of Practice on Networks and Decentralizing Leadership, 2011-2012.
She facilitates the development of organizations throughout the movement (most recently Young Women United, Positive Women’s Network, the leadership team of the Detroit Media Economy Collaborative (Detroit Future) in Detroit, Black Mesa Water Coalition, INCITE!, the Young Women’s Empowerment Project in Chicago, New Orleans Parents Organizing Network, ColorofChange.org and Detroit Summer).
Ejeris Dixon November 1 2019,
Hi all. So excited that Beyond Survival: Strategies and Stories from the Transformative Justice Movement is now available on pre-order through AK Press starting today. With contributions from Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Janae E. Bonsu, Adrienne Maree Brown, Amanda Aguilar Shank, Generation Five, Mia Mingus and the Bay Area Transformative Justice Collective, Amita Swadhin, Kai Cheng Thom, Philly Stands Up, Mariame Kaba, Shira Hassan, Mimi Kim, Creative Interventions, Mijente, Oakland Power Projects, the Audre Lorde Project, Chanelle Gallant, Trans Lifeline, Audrey Huntley, and sooo many more... It was an incredible experience to co-edit this book with Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha.
"A letter from the movement to the movement'
In September 2019 Adrienne Maree Brown was one of 100 black leaders, many affiliated with Liberation Road who signed A letter from the movement to the movement defending Maurice Moe Mitchell and Nelini Stamp of the Working Families Party for endorsing Elizabeth Warren instead of Bernie Sanders for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
Up For Democracy
“How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office"
“How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office: the anti-politics, unboring guide to power”. Edited by Adrienne Maree Brown and Billy Wimsatt, it is a compilation of stories about radical activists engaging with electoral politics with a long-tern strategic focus on movement building. They started the League of Pissed Off Voters at Indyvoter.org.
National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
Some of the presenters were Van Jones, Majora Carter (Sustainable South Bronx/Green For All), Winona LaDuke (Honor the Earth), Malia Lazu (The Gathering for Justice), LaDonna Redmond (Institute for Community Resource Development), Mary Anne Hitt (Appalachian Voices), Reverend Lennox Yearwood (Hip Hop Caucus), Adrienne Maree Brown (Ruckus Society), Tony Anderson (Morehouse College Student Leader), Ian Kim (Oakland Green Jobs Corps) and more.
US Social Forum National Planning Committee
Youth Multi-media classes
East Michigan Environmental Action Council - EMEAC October 15, 2011 ·
JOIN US!!! Youth Multi-media classes, leadership team, and food justice!!! — with Owolabi William Copeland, Diana Seales, Ahmina Maxey, Lou Novak, Roger Boyd, PoeticRain Stinson, Sabrina Nelson, Lori Sasai Robinson, Vanden Spady, Sabrin Hermes, Motisala Ra, Adrienne Maree Brown, Shane Bernardo, Alia Harvey-Quinn, Invincible Ill Weaver, Kadiri Sennefer Ra, Anjela Newsom, Domonique Davis, Bryce Detroit and Siwatu-salama Ra.
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Adrienne Maree Brown was among those on the list. 
Maria C. Fernandez November 8, 2015 near Washington ·
With Allison Thompson, Marcia Olivo, Ashli Bolden, Sendolo Diaminah, Jennifer Toles, Trina Greene Brown, Nikki MG Cole, Denise Perry, Denise Diaz, Toussaint Losier, MamaLisa Thomas-Adeyemo, Mark-Anthony Clayton-Johnson, Nicole Newman, Adrienne Maree Brown, Chigozirim Ugonna, Kesi Bem Foster, Dara Cooper, Maurice Moe Mitchell, Alta Starr and Beatriz Beckford.
"Somatic transformation" comrades
Sendolo Diaminah September 7, 2016 ·
- With Sumitra Rajkumar, Sabeen Shaiq, Staci Kay Haines, Xochitl Bervera, Danielle Feris, Liu Hoi-Man, Nathaniel Shara, Prentis Patrice Hemphill, Dmorgan Feris, Spenta Kandawalla, Vassilisa Johri, Sue Kuyper, Fayza Be, Adrienne Maree Brown, MamaLisa Thomas-Adeyemo, Briana Herman-Brand, Mark-Anthony Johnson, Adaku Utah, Lara Barth, Donaji Lona, Jay Conui, Angelica Otero, Paola Tisker Laird, Denise Perry, Alta Starr, Tina Bartolome, Jen Soriano and David Treleaven.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Adrienne Maree Brown.
"Introduction to Black feminism"
Tuesday, August 15 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
Sendolo Diaminah August 15, 2017;
- Black people! Tonight my beloved sister Adrienne Maree Brown is leading a web discussion about Black Feminism as part of a series of Black August political education sessions hosted by Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and BOLD.
Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
Black Ideological Struggle: Radical, Liberal, Conservative Public · Hosted by Sendolo Diaminah and Cazembe Jackson
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
- Join Sendolo Diaminah for a conversation about why Black radicals can and must learn how to effectively engage liberal and conservative ideologies among our people.
- September 2, 2017. Hey family! Here is the final recording from the Black August webinars! Sendolo Diaminah took lots of patience and creativity breaking down Black Ideological Struggle for us.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Adrienne Maree Brown.
Adrienne Maree Brown October 21 2018:
With Rhiana Anthony, Ziquelle Smalls, Femi Mimi Brown Shittu, Paige Watkins, Jahmese Kathleen Myres, Courtney Sebring, Chelsea Cleveland, Melle Scott, Terri Lorraine Acker, Markasa Tucker, Brianna Gibson, Joie Lou Shakur, Fresco Steez DeLaflyy, Malachi Robinson, Cazembe Jackson and Cherizar Crippen.
Cazembe Jackson June 20 2018:
I was invited to a 7-day book sharing challenge by Adrienne Maree Brown to post a book, explain or not, invite others to share. I invite Richard Wallace to join us. 7/7 (!!!! Completion!!!)
This book is the gay agenda in print and I am basically Stevie all grown up. I was out before this book came out, but this book validated my lesbianess as much as my Blackness. Get into it. And the whole series.
- www.upfordemocracy.org/steeringcommittee.html, as of 10/23/2006
- Chris Crass, Colours of Resistance Archive Beyond Voting: anarchist organizing, electoral politics and developing strategy for liberation
- FAQs, Dream Reborn
- Dream Reborn conference
- Healthcare-Now! Board
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109