Abigail Spanberger won election to Congress in 2018. Virginia 7.
Van Jones show
Rep Jahana Hayes March 9 2019:
Our Revolution endorsement
Our Revolution RVA May 26
Our Revolution RVA will be announcing endorsements of candidates ahead of the June 12, 2018 primaries. Our second announced endorsement is Abigail Spanberger, who is running for United States House of Representatives in Virginia District 7 against Dave Brat.
Spanberger's platform includes sweeping criminal justice reform and ending the school-to-prison pipeline, overturning Citizens United, nonpartisan congressional district drawing, and tax reform so that the top 1%/corporations pay their fair share of taxes, among other items.
Our Revolution support
Yasmine Taeb November 16, 2018:
Thank you Our Revolution - Montgomery County for inviting me to join your meeting to talk about what we hope to accomplish in Virginia in 2019!
Thanks for all your help to get Jennifer Wexton, Abigail Spanberger et al elected and for always fighting for our working families and advancing a progressive agenda.
DSA pressure on Yemen Bill
IE DSA - Inland Empire Democratic Socialists of America July 8 2019.
URGENT: Tomorrow, Tuesday 7/9, the House Rules Committee will consider whether to allow a floor vote on Rep. Ro Khanna's legislation to end US participation in the Saudi-led war in Yemen (Amendment 339 to the National Defense Authorization Act.) The DSA International Committee urges members to call their reps in support.
The Congressional switchboard is 202-225-3121. You can say something like:
“I urge you to co-sponsor, speak out for and vote for the Khanna-Schiff amendment to end all U.S. participation in the Saudi-UAE war in Yemen. Yemeni kids' lives are hanging on your vote.”
Key Congress members — If your Rep is on this list, please contact them immediately and urge them to cosponsor Amendment 339:
Pelosi, Hoyer, Engel, Smith, Lieu, Nadler, Lowey, Jim Himes, Ted Deutch, Brad Sherman, Meeks, Bass, Connolly, Susan Davis, Jim McGovern, Langevin, Moulton, Gallego, Houlahan, Cicilline, Slotkin, Mikie Sherrill, Luria, Spanberger, Wild, Malinowski.
March for our lives
Kenya Gibson support
Kenya Gibson October 20, 2018
It was great to be out knocking doors this afternoon for Abigail Spanberger. She was raised by a teacher, so it’s no surprise she supports keeping public education dollars in public schools. Let’s get her elected! #va07 #ItStartsWithUs
PowerPAC+ Top 10 Priority Districts to take back House in 2018
- Here are my recommendations for the top ten congressional district races to support to take back the House in 2018. To learn more about how I came up with this list, read my full explanation in my September 2018 column in The Nation magazine.
- CA-39 Gil Cisneros - OC Civic Engagement Table Action Fund
- CA-50 Ammar Campa-Najjar - Alliance San Diego Mobilization Fund
- GA-06 Lucy McBath - New Georgia Project
- GA-07 Carolyn Bourdeaux - New Georgia Project
- NM-02 Xochitl Torres Small - Organizers in the Land of Enchantment
- TX-07 Lizzie Pannill Fletcher - Texas Organizing Project
- TX-23 Gina Ortiz Jones - Texas Organizing Project
- TX-32 Colin Allred - Texas Organizing Project
- VA-02 Elaine Luria - New Virginia Majority
- VA-07 Abigail Spanberger - New Virginia Majority
- If you would prefer to donate to one source, the PAC that I have created, PowerPAC+, will be distributing resources between all of these organizations.
Chief of staff
Chief of staff, Roscoe Jones, Jr..