- 1 DSA 2019 National Political Committee Candidates
- 2 Socialist Majority slate
- 3 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 4 2018 DSA NEC members
- 5 Socialists backing Brattan
- 6 Yateem team
- 7 Democratic Socialists of America Pride!
- 8 South Brooklyn DSA Official Closed Group
- 9 NYC DSA Car Caucus
- 10 New York DSA Facebook group
- 11 Gay Space Communism Caucus
- 12 "Wholesome Meme Stash"
- 13 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 14 2018 NYC DSA leaders
- 15 The People's Forum
- 16 References
Abdullah Younus is a New York activist. He is from Bay Ridge and is a strategic researcher for United Automobile Workers (UAW). He is active in the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Working Group and was the Field Director of the El-Yateem campaign. He is also on the National Electoral Committee (NEC), where he Co-chairs the Trainings Subcommittee. The NEC trains DSA chapters all over the country that are interested in electoral work. He is also on the Executive Board of Yalla Brooklyn, a South Brooklyn based political club that serves the Arab/Muslim community.
DSA 2019 National Political Committee Candidates
Democratic Socialists of America 2019 National Political Committee Candidates
• Austin Gonzalez • Sauce • Theresa Alt • Sean Estelle • Daniel Merrill • Darby Thomas • Russell Weiss-Irwin • Michelle Bruder • Zac Echola • Jen Snyder • Jennifer Bolen • Blanca Estevez • Marsha Niemeijer • Marianela D'Aprile • Tawny Tidwell • Lloyd Goldsmith • Erika Paschold • Emily Cameron • Dan Quayle • Valerie Sinclair • Natalie Midiri • Ravi Ahmad Haque • Jose G. Perez • Tim Zhu • Rachel Zibrat • Abdullah Younus • Megan Svoboda • Maikiko James • Kristian Hernandez • David Pinkham • Hannah Allison • Jen McKinney • Austin Smith
Socialist Majority slate
New York City Democratic Socialists of America 2019 Socialist Majority slate for DSA national convention delegates.
A. Sen, Aaron Taube, Abdullah Younus, Abi Hassen, Adam E. Leeds, Andrea Guinn, Bianca Cunningham, Bruce Griffiths Cea Weaver, Charles Lenchner, Daniel Cheng, Daniel Lynch, Danya Lagos, Devin McManus, Emma Caterine, Frank Llewellyn, Itzhak Epstein, Jacob Appel, Jad Joseph, James O., Joe Demanuelle-Hall, John Schneider, Julian Graham, Jared Watson, Jasmin Oppenheimer, Jenny Zhang, Kevin Bohlmann, Leanna Ballester, Maia Rosenberg, Matthew Bond, Matthew Thomas, Michael Cavadias, Michael Kinnucan, Miriam Bensman, Nate Treadwell, Noah Weston, Osman Chaudhary, Paul Swartz, Phillip Henken, Renee Greene-Levitt, Renee Paradis, Sam Lewis, Stephen Maples, Susan Kang, Tyler Curtis, Tiffany Gong.
Socialist Majority Caucus
2018 DSA NEC members
New National Electoral Committee Members, as of May 18, 2018 are Abdullah Younus NYC, Adam Parsons Columbus, AJ Reed Quad Cities, Alex Nagle Philadelphia, Allie Cohn Knoxville, Austin Binns Philadelphia, Christine Riddiough Metro DC, Christian Bowe Lansing, David Greve Pittsburgh, Dele Balogun Chicago, Devin McManus NYC, Felicia Hamilton Boulder, Jason Clayton Metro DC, Jessica M. Culbertson Akron, Katrina Bergstrom Los Angeles, Keaton Slansky Seattle, Lucas Perez-Leahy Omaha, Mark Masaoka Los Angeles, Peter Simon Denver, Rachel Reyes Los Angeles, Renee Paradis NYC, Sarah Ganong Central Connecticut, Spencer Chan Chicago, Tascha Van Auken NYC, Yesenia Padilla San Diego.
Socialists backing Brattan
Khader El-Yateem November 7, 2017 near New York, NY
Abdullah Younus, an organizer for Democratic Socialists of America, says that the group’s New York City chapter received over a hundred applications for their support for city council races, eventually settling on two candidates. One of them is the Lutheran Rev. Khader El-Yateem, the first Palestinian Christian to run for city council in the city’s history. El-Yateem fit the Democratic Socialist platform on a few important platform issues — criminal justice reform, support of nonviolent protest of Palestinian occupation — but, most importantly, he singled himself out as the only candidate in his district from either side of the aisle to refuse money from real estate developers.
Now, El-Yateem has 60 socialists volunteering, knocking on doors and creating original videos for the campaign. DSA canvases for El-Yateem in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, every day, taking on 30 to 40 shifts a week.
“We can promise people an army,” Younus, who volunteers as DSA field director for El-Yateem’s campaign, said.
According to Younus, his organization’s involvement proved instrumental in garnering El-Yateem more money, more manpower and more petition signatures than any other candidate in NYC’s 43rd district.
The DSA inherits its model from the Sanders campaign — a loss ultimately, but one that gave birth to a new paradigm for political organizing. Duhalde identified two lessons mainstream Democrats can learn from Sanders’ campaign model — a model which shattered fundraising records and garnered Sanders unexpected wins in states like Michigan.
Khader El-Yateem September 24, 2017:
- TakeAKnee #StandWithKaep #TeamElYateem — with Murad Awawdeh, Amanda Philip, Linda Sarsour, Somia Elrowmeim, Widad Indie, Brittany Anderson, Abdullah Younus, Rabyaah Althaibani, Khader El-Yateem and Zohran Kwame Mamdani.
Democratic Socialists of America Pride!
Democratic Socialists of America Pride! NYC LGBTQ & Friends was the official unofficial planning group for a DSA contingent at NYC Pride on June 25th, 2017.
Closed Facebook Group members, as of May 31 3017, included Abdullah Younus.
South Brooklyn DSA Official Closed Group
NYC DSA Car Caucus
New York DSA Facebook group
Gay Space Communism Caucus
Members of the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism Caucus, DSA, members, as of June 4, 2017 included ;
"Wholesome Meme Stash"
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America Wholesome Meme Stash closed Facebook group, accessed November 14, 2017 included Abdullah Younus.
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 Abdullah Younus was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
2018 NYC DSA leaders
Congratulations to our newly elected New York City Democratic Socialists of America Steering Committee: Bianca Cunningham and Abdullah Younus (Co-Chairs), Joe Demanuelle-Hall (Secretary), Tiffany Gong (Treasurer), Leslie Fine (Membership Coordinator), and Cea Weaver (Working Group Coordinator).
The People's Forum
Bianca Cunningham February 1 2019:
Gang Gang🌹🌹 — with Jay Thompson, Clarence Adams, Leslie Fine, Joe D-Hall, Abdullah Younus, Patrick T. Shepherd, Mary Clinton, Sam Lewis, Ella Mahony, Ryan Bruckenthal, Cea Weaver, Dana Steer, Nina Svirsky, Ben Bennett, Jia Lee, Katie Halper, Kelly Gilbert, Trevor Taylor, Zyad Hammad and Zelig Stern at The People's Forum.
- [https://mic.com/articles/183382/we-can-promise-an-army-the-democratic-socialist-plan-to-help-progressives-win-america-back#.DC5FO5bXB MIC Jack Smith IV Published 6h ago on Aug. 7, 2017 “We can promise an army”: The Democratic Socialist plan to help progressives win America back Jack Smith IV “We can promise an army”: The Democratic Socialist plan to help progressives win America back]
- [https://www.facebook.com/nycdsa/photos/a.1765058053707625.1073741829.1709623922584372/2065203380359756/?type=3&theater NYC DSA FB, NYC Democratic Socialists of America Like This Page · May 6 ]