Aaron Jamal Bryant
- 1 Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- 2 Bernie House Party
- 3 EJL Fellows 2020
- 4 Durham for All Public Facebook group members
- 5 Durham for All
- 6 Durham Beyond Policing Coalition
- 7 Cuba
- 8 "Introduction to Black feminism"
- 9 Amandla Training
- 10 Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
- 11 Memphis Solidarity Brigade
- 12 BYP 100
- 13 Supporting the Kurds
- 14 References
Freedom Road Socialist Organization
Aaron Jamal Bryant is a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Bernie House Party
Workers in North Carolina are building power for our communities every day. We know that the struggles we face go beyond a single election. But we also know that electing officials who support unions, a $15 minimum wage, and a fair economy for all makes it easier to fight and win the rights we deserve. In 2020, there’s no one that’s been on the strike line and in the streets more than Bernie Sanders!
The NC Labor Left Caucus wants to build worker power in North Carolina for this election and long after, starting right here in the Triangle. What would a Bernie presidency mean for NC workers? How can NC workers contribute to winning in 2020? Come talk to your labor friends, get trained to call and text for Bernie, and build working class power for our Organizer-in-Chief.
EJL Fellows 2020
Movement for Black Lives November 27 2019.
Electoral Justice League Fellows 2020.
Asa R. Rogers-Shaw Fort Lauderdale, Bianca Avery Dallas, Jewel Butler Detroit, Aaron Jamal Bryant NC, Gicola Lane Nashville, Wendell Paris, MS and AL, Alonzo Waheed Chicago, DeVohn Phillips NC Lola Levesque Phoenix, Enyer Robles-Martinez FL, Florence Alexander MI, Arekia Bennett Jackson MS.
Durham for All Public Facebook group members
Durham for All Public Facebook group members April 30 2020 included Aaron Jamal Bryant.
Durham for All
Durham for All February 13 2019:
We are excited to bring on a new member to our staff! Next month, Bennett Carpenter will be joining the team as our Lead Organizer.
Bennett has been part of the Durham for All family since 2017 and last year led our fundraising efforts. We are excited about their labor organizing background, commitment to leadership development, groundedness under pressure, and strategic creativity that they will bring to the Lead Organizer role!
Come through this Friday to congratulate Bennett and hear about progress on our Decriminalize Durham co-governance work, plus a sneak peek at the campaign we'll be launching later in the year.
Photo: Bennett (second from left) with our Decrim Campaign Organizer Shanise Renee (second from right) and D4A friends Aaron Gamal (far left) and Tony Marimbondo Macias far right), in ATL at the GIFT grassroots fundraising conference last year.
Durham Beyond Policing Coalition
Manju Rajendran June 3 2019·
Tonight we will see you at Durham City Hall at 7pm to speak about the 2019-2020 budget. We will urge our Mayor and Council: no to the police chief’s proposed expansion of 72 new police officers over the next three years; yes to living wages for all public service workers; yes to the creation of a Community-Led Safety and Wellness Task Force; yes to fully funding existing programs that receive City of Durham support like the Eviction Diversion program and Welcome Home.
Wear red! Or rep for an organization you're a part of.
Join Durham Beyond Policing's FB page for updates. — with Annie Elizabeth Segrest, Mab Segrest, Beau Cromartie, El Tee, Mariah Monsanto, Undreya Hudson, Aaron Gamal, D'atra Jackson, L. Cole Parke, Ajamu Amiri Dillahunt, Ade Toyesi Ibijoke, Sandra Korn, Courtney Sebring, Aman Aberra, Danielle Purifoy, Mikel Barton, Nhawndie Smith, Nikki Brown and Serena Sebring.
"Introduction to Black feminism"
Tuesday, August 15 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group.
Sendolo Diaminah August 15, 2017;
- Black people! Tonight my beloved sister Adrienne Maree Brown is leading a web discussion about Black Feminism as part of a series of Black August political education sessions hosted by Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and BOLD.
Those expressing interest on Facebook included Aaron Gamal.
Sendolo Diaminah February 1 2018
- Hey Black organizers & those who love us: BOLD has re-opened our application period for Amandla, our organizer training program. We have just a few more slots we wanted to make available, so now is your chance if you missed the deadline!
Alicia Garza, Ajamu Dillahunt, Aaron Gamal, Whitney Maxey, Hashim Benford, Ociele Hawkins, Bryan Proffitt, Bennett D. Carpenter, Courtney Sebring, Cazembe Murphy Jackson, Reece Chenault, Charlene Carruthers, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Dove Kent, Fresco Steez DeLaflyy, Maria C. Fernandez, Aiden Riley Graham, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Theo Luebke, Maria Poblet, N’Tanya Lee, Taliba O Njeri, Orisanmi Burton, Quinton Harper, Roberto Tijerina, Mary Hooks, Serena Sebring, Adaku Utah, Vanessa Moses, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jayanni Elizabeth, Jayda Rasberry, Amber Evans, Dara Cooper, Yotam Marom.
Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
Black Ideological Struggle: Radical, Liberal, Conservative Public · Hosted by Sendolo Diaminah and Cazembe Jackson
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
- Join Sendolo Diaminah for a conversation about why Black radicals can and must learn how to effectively engage liberal and conservative ideologies among our people.
- September 2, 2017. Hey family! Here is the final recording from the Black August webinars! Sendolo Diaminah took lots of patience and creativity breaking down Black Ideological Struggle for us.
Those expressing interest on Facebook included Aaron Jamal Bryant.
Memphis Solidarity Brigade
The Memphis district of Freedom Road brought together cadre from around the nation to support a local organizing effort, Memphis For All, to apply our line and strategy to local elections. The Path to Power Memphis for all Solidarity Brigade took place in mid-July 2018 to culminate with an early voting canvassing effort.
Thomas Wayne Walker May 29 2018:
yo!!! i'm excited to invite y'all to sign up for a program focused on learning, on-the-ground, about building political power as leftists, revolutionaries and radicals in working class communities of color that are left out & shut out of politics. the path to power memphis solidarity brigade will combine training & actual field work in support of justice organizations engaging in electoral work to build power, like memphis for all, labor unions, and more. you can sign up at this link https://goo.gl/forms/wemUNfG4SxbusyHo1
it's listed as wednesday 7/18-sunday 7/22, but the real programming is focused on thursday 7/19-saturday 7/21. housing and food are supported, and other support is available. i'm hoping especially to get folks from tennessee to do it, so we can start really thinking about building a #tennesseeforall. hit me up if you're interested, apply now to get in on this.
Thomas Wayne Walker, Jyoti Gupta, Lindsey Glenn Krinks, Whitney Washington, Briana Perry, Anna Carella, Ramon J. Ryan, David Alex Hayes, Elizabeth Stanfield, Dana Smith, Anne Barnett Josh Adams, Ashley Caldwell, Erica Renee, Deja Foster Justin A. Davis Justin Jones, Sj Payne, Salma Mirza, Jasmine Wallace, Nancy Dung Nguyen, Chris Brooks, Haley Greenwell, Odessa Kelly. Aaron Gamal, Cazembe Jackson, Eliott Geary. Frank W. Johnson, John Emery, Allie Cohn, Calvin Cheung-Miaw.
Ociele Hawkins August 15, 2017 ·
Supporting the Kurds
December 28, 2015, Sendolo Diaminah posted on his FaceBook page supporting the Kurds;
- The Kurdish people have been engaged in an inspiring struggle to carve out freedom and autonomy for themselves, both from the corrupt states of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria AND from ISIS. Now the Turkish government is ramping up its repression of the Kurdish freedom movement. The first step in solidarity must be educating ourselves about this powerful struggle for freedom and rallying to its defense. Anthony Maglione, Manzoor Cheema, Hiram Rivera Marcano, Bryan Proffitt, Aaron Bryant, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jadebroo KS, Hashim Benford, Melissa Norton, Sijal Nasralla, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Gary Broderick, Aiden Riley Graham, Rufus Firefly, Zaina Alsous, Laila Nur, Sabeen Shaiq, Theo Luebke, Caitlin Breedlove...