Tavis Smiley organized and hosted a forum, held on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at Chicago State University on the city’s South Side. The confab offered up a provocative query: Is there room for a black agenda in the “post-racial America” of Barack Obama?
The televised event drew about 3,000 people, heard Smiley lead a four-hour conversation among 12 black intellectuals, educators and activists. The mix included longtime Smiley compatriots, academics like Cornel West, Michael Eric Dyson and Julianne Malveaux. Others were longtime black leaders like the Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., and Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan. Most of them came, they said, to “lovingly” take Obama to the woodshed.
"Our Muslim World Wants to See the US/UK Handcuffed"
Video here. At an unknown date (possibly circa December 6, 2010), Minister Louis Farrakhan of Nation of Islam addressed an audience. Video is to the right, Full audio is here, excerpts of his comments are below.
- "The cracker don't have no authority over me"
- "I'm a guided man, and Allah has blessed me to get you this far"
- "Since i've been on this tour, I've been telling the people - that God wants to give you the promised land"
- "I know the messiah - I am taught by the messiah - because my work is messaianic"
- "I can never forget Iran - Iran has beautiful Muslims. You don't know how much our Muslim world is anxious to see the enemy handcuffed. ...the enemy - the British and the Americans have created all of that havoc in the Islamic world. And imagine us rising up in America at a time
when there's no superpower to deal with us and God with us - is the power that's gonna deal with America."