1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Denise Young, New York, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Denise Young, Committees of Correspondence, Rochester, New York endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Socialist U.S. Toward a Socialist United States? Reshaping the vision and charting a path. Is it possible? On what basis?
- Dr. Keith Baird, DSA
- Barry Cohen, CoC Implementation Committee, NY
- Matthew Hallinan, DSA, No CA
- David McReynolds, national co-chair, Socialist Party USA, NY
- Denise Young, Rochester CoC, NY
- Anne Mitchell, organizer, Writer's Union, NY
Committees of Correspondence NCC
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Denise Young of Rochester, NY signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
- ↑ USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- ↑ Addendum to Initiative document
- ↑ CCDS Background
- ↑ Conference program
- ↑ Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- ↑ CoC National committee meeting, January 7-9, 1994, New York minutes
- ↑ Open Letter to Obama on Iran