Template:TOCnestleft Tony Kushner
Individual endorsers of the event included Tony Kushner.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
In 2009, the Editorial board of The Nation included Tony Kushner, Richard Falk, Deepak Bhargava, Norman Birnbaum, Barbara Ehrenreich, Frances FitzGerald, Eric Foner, Philip Green, Lani Guinier, Tom Hayden, Elinor Langer, Deborah Meier, Toni Morrison, Walter Mosley, Victor Navasky, Pedro Antonio Noguera, Richard Parker, Michael Pertschuk, Elizabeth Pochoda, Marcus Raskin, Kristina Rizga, Andrea Batista Schlesinger, David Weir and Roger Wilkins.
Jewish Alliance for Justice & Peace
Friend of Marquit
The Marquits flew to Madrid, on 23 November 2012, where they overnighted near the airport for the flight to JFK the next day.
- Our plan was to stay in New York, where we had been invited to a Thanksgiving Day dinner at the apartment of Tony Kushner and his husband Mark Harris, and returning to Minneapolis on 29 November.
- Doris was ill on Thanksgiving, recovering from a bad migraine, so she could not attend the dinner.
- Oskar took me to the dinner along with his son Jack. During the dinner, Tony came up to where I was seated chatted a bit and told his family and friends that were seated near me that he had dedicated iHo to Doris and me. 
The Kopkind Colony Honorary Board , as of 2015; The Kopkind Colony Honorary Board, as of 2015; Tariq Ali, Mandy Carter, Alexander Cockburn, Joan Didion, John Gregory Dunne, (in memoriam) Jewelle Gomez, Tony Kushner, Maria Margaronis, Neil Miller, Victor Navasky, Katha Pollitt, Edward Said (in memoriam), Ben Sonnenberg, Calvin Trillin, Patricia Williams
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- Liberal Education website: List of Ayers Supporters
- Jewish Alliance for Justice & Peace website: Honorary Board
- [Erwin Marquit memoirs page 554 to 557]
- [Erwin Marquit memoirs page 589]
- Kopkind board, 2015
- Kopkind board, 2015