World Peace Council
- We publish in this booklet a list of members of the World Peace Council elected at the Council's Session in Warsaw in 1977.
U.S. members listed, included; Susan Borenstein, National Coordinator, National Coordinating Committee in Solidarity with Chile.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
New World Order Confronting the "New World Order". The multinational corporation, inter-imperialist rivalry, anti-imperialism and the struggle for peace, disarmament and non-intervention.
- Susan Borenstein, former exec. director, National Chile Center, NY
- Conn Hallinan, prof. of journalism, UC Santa Cruz
- Erik Larsen, Marine conscientious objector recently released from prison for refusing orders for Gulf War
- Shantika Emker, student of Marxist philosophy
- Roger Burback, Center for the Study of the Americas
- April Knutson, Center for Advanced Feminist Studies, Univ. of Minnesotta, Minneapolis
- Gus Newport, former mayor, Berkeley
- ↑ WORLD PEACE COUNCIL LIST OF MEMBERS 1977-1980, Information Centre of the World Peace Council Lönnrotinkatu 25 A 5 krs 00180 Helsinki 18 Finland
- ↑ Conference program
- ↑ Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)