Harold Washington for Mayor of Chicago
Circa late 1982, members of the Citizens Committee/Harold Washington for Mayor of Chicago (in formation) included Sid Ordower.
Salute to Harold Washington
On April 6, 1983, the Hyde Park Herald published an endorsement from the Hyde Park/Kenwood Citizens Committee of Democratic Party Chicago mayoral candidate Harold Washington. Signatories to the endorsement included Sid Ordower.
Labor Committee for the Re-election of Mayor Harold Washington
Near 50 trade unionist met over a weekend in early September 1986 to organize a Labor Committee for the Re-election of Mayor Harold Washington. Rep. Charles Hayes, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and an executive vice president of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists played a leading role in the gathering.
Other leading participants include;
- Frank Rosen, president of United Electrical Workers Local 1114
- Sid Ordower, a political activist
- Martin Henderson, "community organizer and former ILGWU official
- Alderman Tim Evans, Washington's City Council floor leader
Harold Washington campaign committee
In i983, Sid Ordower, served on the Harold Washington Campaign Steering Committee.
Illinois Public Action
Citizen Action of Illinois
Paul Robeson 100th Birthday Committee
- ↑ Undated circa late 1982, HWAC Mayoral Campaign Records, Box 5, Folder 1
- ↑ Hyde Park Herald April 6, 1983, page 8
- ↑ PWW Sep. 10 1986, page 2, "Unionists organize to re-elect Washington, by Marcia Davis
- ↑ IPA 20th Anniversary Dinner leaflet
- ↑ Citizen Action of Illinois B.O.D. list
- ↑ http://www.cpsr.cs.uchicago.edu/robeson/links/chicago/ack_org6.html