Sam Perez ...
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Sam Perez, New York was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Sam Perez, New York, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Electoral What should be the place of electoral activity on the left's agenda? What would be an effective strategy for this year, the 90s and beyond?
- Yolanda Alaniz, candidate for Seattle City Council
- Bill Collins, a founder of Citizens for Proportional Representation, Cincinnati, Ohio
- James Vann, national co-chair, National Committee for Independent Political Action, Oakland
- Victoria Missick, teacher & multi-cultural movement, NY
- Dr. Margie Akin, Peace and Freedom candidate, 40th CD, Riverside, CA
- Keith Carson, Legal Aide to Rep. Ronald Dellums, Oakland
- Arthur Kinoy, National co-chair, NCIPA, Montclair, NJ
- Sam Perez, Puerto Rican political activist, NY
- Mark Allen, legislative aide, John George, Alameda County Supervisor