NeighborWorks America event
November 25, 2009, at a press conference in Chinatown, Asian Americans for Equality, announced it has become a charter member of NeighborWorks America. A non-profit created by Congress. NeighborWorks provides financial support and training for community-driven revitalization projects. As a start, AAFE was presented with a check for nearly a a quarter of a million dollars. On hand to celebrate the occasion, a wide range of elected officials. Among them: Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, Rep. Nydia Velazquez, State Sen. Daniel Squadron, Assembly member Grace Meng and City Councilmember Rosie Mendez. Margaret Chin, District 1's new City councilmember and a former AAFE executive was there, as well. 
"Stop the Violence" rally
On January 31, 2013, Rosie Mendez, addressed a "Stop the Violence" rally supported by Asian Americans for Equality, and several other radical, and community groups.
Co-patrocinadores: All the Way E 4th St Block Association, Art Loisaida Foundation, Asian Americans for Equality, Baruch Houses Resident Association, Chinese Chamber of Commerce of New York, Chinatown Partnership, Coalition for a District Alternative , Community Education Council 1, Compos Plaza Resident Association, East Village Community Coalition, Educational Alliance, Fourth Arts Block, Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens, Lower East Side Business Improvement District, Lower East Side Girls Club, PSA 4 Community Council, Rutgers Houses Resident Association, Smith Houses Resident Association, Two Bridges Houses Resident Association, Wald Houses Resident Association, 7th Precinct Community Council.
Founding member New York City Council Progressive Caucus
- Brad Lander, caucus co-chair.
- Melissa Mark-Viverito, a council member who represents East Harlem and who is the caucus's other co-chair.
- Annabel Palma, from the Bronx
- Letitia James, from Brooklyn
- Jumaane D. Williams, from Brooklyn
- Margaret Chin, from Manhattan
- Rosie Mendez, from Manhattan
- Ydanis Rodriguez, from Manhattan;
- Daniel Dromm, from Queens
- Julissa Ferreras, from Queens
- James G. Van Bramer, from Queens
- Deborah Rose, from Staten Island.
- ↑ The Lo-Down, Asian Americans for Equality Joins NeighborWorks Ed Litvak in Community Organizations on November 25, 2009
- ↑ Dozen Council Members Form a Bloc for Liberals By DAVID W. CHEN, March 23, 2010
- ↑  NY Progressive Caucus demands: Tax the rich, Dan Margolis, Peoples World, June 23 2010, accessed June 23 2010