He teaches sociology at Long Island University.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
The Imperial City: New York Servicing the World
- Sponsor: Left Business Observer
- Robert Fitch, Journalist, Paper - What a Friend We Have in David Fiscal Policy of Mayor Dinkins
- Anita Finkel, Word Processor and editor, New Dance Review, Paper - Flextime vs. Lunchtime: The Secretars Day
- Doug Henwood, editor Left Business Observer, Paper - The City That Finance Made
Socialist Scholars 1997
The conference was themed "Radical alternatives on the eve of the millenium".
Invitees were asked to join Doug Henwood, Robert Heilbroner, Paul Sweezy, Harry Magdoff, Bill Tabb, Frances Fox Piven, Robert Fitch, Jane Slaughter and Ellen Meiksins Wood "as they debate changes in the labor movement, Marxist theory, the state of the economy, market socialism, and other areas where theory and practice meet".
Or "listen to the United States' only independent and socialist congressman", Rep. Bernie Sanders, "dialogue with" Joel Rogers of the New Party and In These Times' ....Salim Muwakkil on independent politics...
NYC DSA member
- ↑ Democratic Left, Summer 2009
- ↑ http://theactivist.org/blog/going-it-alone-christopher-hitchens-and-the-death-of-the-left
- ↑ Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- ↑ http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/pen-l/1997m03.d/msg00084.htm
- ↑  NYC DSA blog February 26, 2010