Raybblin Vargas is affiliated with the Chicago DSA.
Democratic Socialists of America
1997 National Conference
Columbus, Ohio was the location for DSA's 1997 National Convention.
DSA Youth Section Organizer Kevin Pranis and YS leader Raybblin Vargas plugged DSA's Prison Moratorium Project. The project, initiated by the YS and the NYC-based Urban Justice Center, targets state governments, calling for a five-year freeze on prison building and redirecting the funds to education and community investment.
DSA 1997-1999 leadership
DSA National Political Committee elected at the Columbus, Ohio, 1997 National Convention.
- Theresa Alt, Ithaca, NY
- Ron Aronson, Huntington Woods, Mi
- Marsha Borenstein, Brooklyn, NY
- Lynn Chancer, New York, NY
- Rachel Dewey, Princeton, NJ
- Bill Dixon, Chicago, IL
- Barb Ferrill, Denver, CO
- Julia Fitzgerald, Brooklyn, NY
- Virginia Franco, San Diego, CA
- Karen Gibson, Rochester, NY
- Jeff Gold , New York, NY
- Michael Heffron, Chicago, IL
- David Knuttunen, Belmont, MA
- Daraka Larimore-Hall, Chicago, IL
- Michael Lighty, San Francisco, CA
- Frank Llewellyn, Brooklyn, NY
- Bill McIver, Boulder, CO
- Tim Parks, Los Angeles, CA
- Katie Romich, Chicago, IL
- Joseph Schwartz, Ithaca, NY & Philadelphia, PA
- Raybblin Vargas, Chicago, New York, NY
- Eric Vega, Sacramento, CA
- Juanita Webster, New York, NY
Youth Section Representatives:
- ↑ http://www.chicagodsa.org/ngarchive/ng56.html#anchor1041945
- ↑ [ Democratic Left • Issue # 7 / 8 1997]<ref>Democratic Left • Issue # 7 / 8 1997]</li> <li id="cite_note-2">[[#cite_ref-2|↑]] [ Democratic Left • Issue # 7 / 8 1997]<ref>Democratic Left • Issue # 7 / 8 1997]</li></ol></ref>