Perseus Books Group
Perseus Books Group is a group of publishing house, including Avalon Travel, Basic Books, Basic Civitas, Beast Books, DaCapo, Nation Books, Running Press, Public Affairs, Seal Press, Weinstein Books, Westview, and Vanguard Press. It was founded in 1996 by investor Frank Pearl and was preceded by the Pearl-founded Rappahannock Investment Company in 1991.
- Frank H. Pearl, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Perseus
- James A. Johnson, Vice Chairman
- Kenneth M. Socha, Senior Managing Director
- Brian Leitch, Senior Managing Director
- John C. Fox, Senior Managing Director
- Norman C. Selby, Senior Managing Director
- Dave Davis, Senior Managing Director
- Christopher J. Davis, Senior Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer
- Marc E. Lippman, M.D., Senior Advisor to Perseus
- Andy Berlin Senior Advisor to Perseus
- Kimberly A. Foerster is a Managing Director
- John M. Glazer, Managing Director
- Michael L. Miller, Managing Director
- Anjali V. Jolly, Vice President
- J.T. Mauk, Vice President
- Michael J. Rapport, Vice President
- Teresa Young Bernstein, Vice President of Legal Affairs
- Terry E. Everett, Vice President of Finance
- Joanne Marshall Shea, Assistant Vice President of Legal Affairs
- J.P. Bauman, Senior Associate
- Kristin M. Milone, Senior Associate
- Dave A. Bartlett, Associate
- Becca Shane, Fund Accounting Manager
- Rachel S. Kim, a Senior Accountant
- James M. Rensen, Senior Accountant
- John T. Schwieters, Senior Advisor to Perseus
PERSEUS BETEILIGUNGSBERATUNG GMBH - MUNICH, GERMANY
Perseus, LLC is a merchant bank and private equity fund management company affiliated with the Perseus Book Group. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has an office in New York and an associated advisory firm in Munich.
"Since its inception in 1995, Perseus has made investments in more than 60 portfolio companies in a wide variety of industries in which Perseus and its principals have expertise, including healthcare, energy, environmental, and engineering technologies, and branded consumer products. Perseus has $1.5 billion in funds under management."
The PERSEUS-SOROS BIOPHARMACEUTICAL FUND, LP, was jointly founded by Perseus and Soros Private Fund Management, LLC in 2000 with $449 million in capital commitments. It focuses on investments in life science companies that develop biopharmaceutical products and/or creating businesses based on advanced life science technologies.