People Organized to Win Employment Rights
POWER (People Organized to Win Employment Rights) is based in San Francisco. It is one of several organizations in the area originally built around the now defunct revolutionary organization STORM.
- POWER builds the power of working class African Americans and Latinas in San Francisco to make change in our communities and to build a vibrant movement for economic, environmental, racial and gender justice.
POWER Staff, as of 2009;
- Alicia Garza, Co-Executive Director
- Aspen Branch-Moore, Director of Fundraising and Finances
- Beatriz Herrera, Women Worker's Project Organizer
- Davu Flint, Bayview Organizing Project Organizer
- Donaji Lona, Women Worker's Project Organizer
- Jaron Browne, Bayview Organizing Project Organizer
- Juana Teresa Tello, Youth In POWER Organizer
- Karen Gibson, Office Manager
- Steve Williams, Co-Executive Director
- Xochitl Bernadette Moreno, Child Care Coordinator