Oscar Brown, Jr.
Oscar C. Brown, Jr.
- From 1948 to 1951, he and budding composer Oscar Brown Jr. introduced the nation's first black daily radio newscast on Marshall Field's 50,000-watt WJJD-AM, called "Negro Newsfront.
Citizens' Committee to Aid Packing-House Workers
Du Bois Theater Guild
In the 1950's Chicago's Du Bois Theater Guild was one of the first groups to stress "Black Awareness" in its theatre philosophy.
Maggie Brown's father
special guest included State Senator Jesus Garcia, Alderman Helen Shiller, Harold Rogers from the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, Carole Travis from the UAW, Larry Reagan from the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Bernice Bild from the Coalition for New Priorities, Camille Odeh, from the Coalition of Palestinian Women and Meca Sorentini from the Puerto Rican Socialist Party
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53239-2004May24.html
- ↑ Citizens' Committee to Aid Packing-House Workers letter to committee members from Sidney Jones, April 12, 1948
- ↑ Black World/Negro Digest Apr 1973 p 28
- ↑ CoC newletter, Oct./Dec. 1993, page 5