Michael Walzer is a socialist and Professor Emeritus, School of Social Science, Princeton University.
DSOC founding convention
The Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee founding convention Socialism'73 took place in New York City, October 12 and 13, 1973, at the Loeb Student Center, NY University and at the McAlpin Hotel. Speakers included;
- David Lewis, leader, New Democratic Party of Canada, "US economic imperialism".
- Michael Harrington
- Workshops on the unions, feminism, racial equality, Democratic Party, equality and Detente with David Selden, Rose Laub Coser, Doug Ireland, Michael Walzer, Bogdan Denitch, Christopher Lasch
- Panel on "socialism and the welfare state" with Irving Howe, Erazim Kohak, Norman Birnbaum.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Author Meets Critics Alan Wolfe, "Of Whose Keeper, Moral Obligation and Social Science"
- Barbara Katz Rothman, Sociology, CUNY Graduate Center
- Michael Walzer, Princeton University
- Alan Wolfe, Author
Campaign for America's Future
Socialist Scholars Conference 2002
One of the "highlights" of the 2002 Socialist Scholars Conference (April 12-14, NYC) was a lively debate on “Just Wars” with DSAers Michael Walzer of Dissent and Ian Williams of The Nation taking on Steve Shalom of New Politics and Tariq Ali of New Left Review.
Americans for Peace Now
JStreet advisory council
YDS 2012 conference
Michael Walzer was a guest speaker at the Young Democratic Socialists 2012 Winter conference.
- ↑  Newsletter of the Democratic Left, October 1973, page 6
- ↑ 8th Socialist Scholars Conference, April 6-8 1990, conference program
- ↑ Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- ↑ CAF Co-Founders
- ↑ [http://www.dsaboston.org/yradical/yr2002-06.pdf the yankee radical June 2002]
- ↑ http://www.dissentmagazine.org/display.php?id=masthead
- ↑ Americans for Peace Now website: Leadership (accessed on Dec. 4, 2009)
- ↑ JStreet website: Advisory Council (accessed on Oct. 26, 2009)