Bradley Manning Support Network Advisory Board
- Medea Benjamin, Code Pink: Women for Peace
- Dr. Marsha Coleman-Adebayo, board member for the National Whistleblower Center
- Daniel Ellsberg, Pentagon Papers whistleblower
- Kathleen Gilberd, Co-Chair of the Military Law Task Force of the National Lawyers Guild
- Mike Gravel, former United States Senator (D-AK)
- Kimber Heinz, War Resisters League
- Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Member of the Icelandic Parliament
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst and activist
- Michael Moore, documentary filmmaker, author and activist
- Jose Vasquez, Iraq Veterans against the War
- Ann Wright, US Army Colonel (retired)
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Michael Moore of Georgia Southern University signed the statement.