"Links - a journal of international socialist renewal"
- Matt McCarten, New Zealand New Labour Party
- Andre Brie, German Party of Democratic Socialists , (the successor to the former East German ruling communist party).
- Max Lane, Democratic Socialist Party
- Doug Lorimer, Democratic Socialist Party
- John Percy, Democratic Socialist Party
- Jeremy Cronin, South African Communist Party
- Langa Zita, South African Communist Party
- Carl Bloice,Committees of Correspondence
- Malik Miah, Committees of Correspondence
- Joanna Misnik, Committees of Correspondence.
Asia Pacific Institute for Democratisation and Development
During the 1998 Asia Pacific Solidarity Conference, the interim council of the Asia Pacific Institute for Democratisation and Development met and confirmed its membership.
The members are Syed Husin Ali (PRM, Malaysia), Nico Warouw (PRD, Indonesia), Renato Constantino, Jr. (Sanlakas, Philippines), Dr Francisco Nemenzo (BISIG, Philippines), Ana Maria Nemenzo (WomenHealth, Philippines), Max Lane (DSP, Australia), Dr Helen Jarvis (DSP, Australia) and Dr Sunil Ratnapriya (NSSP, Sri Lanka).
The council met again immediately after the conference and resolved to quickly expand the institute's membership. Representatives from Thailand, India and Pakistan attended and will be invited to join the council.
An interim council was formed to establish the institute. The provisional aims were agreed as:
1. To promote research and disseminate ideas on how to ensure socially just and environmentally sustainable development, as well as real democracy.
2. To facilitate dialogue and cooperation between the academic community, the NGO community and people's movements, such as political parties, trade unions and campaign committees.