Marilyn Bechtel Becchetti is a Communist Party USA activist.
She writes for the People's World from the San Francisco Bay Area and has been a member of the paper's staff since 1986. She has also been active in the peace movement.
During the late 1970s and early 1980s, she worked with Marvel Cooke at the National Council of American-Soviet Friendship and at the magazine New World Review.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Marilyn Bechtel, Oakland was on the list.
Endorsed Communist Party fund raiser
In 2001, Marilyn Bechtel becameparty International Secretary. Marilyn worked part-time for the Northern California District and part-time for the National Office as Literature Coordinator. She has agreed to head up this important area of work. Marilyn has lots of experience in international affairs from her days at the PWW.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Marilyn Bechtel, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Peoples World personnel
- Co-editors, Joe Sims, Susan Webb, Teresa Albano
- Mundo Popular Coordinators, Rossanna Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor, John Wojcik
- Political Correspondent Tim Wheeler
- Business Manager, Jenn Delgado
- Contributing Editors, Marilyn Bechtel, Pepe Lozano, Barbara Russum, W. T. Whitney, Joel Wendland, Roberta Wood
- Volunteer Translators and Copyeditors (list in formation), Sijisfredo Aviles, Jesus Alvarado, Bill Appelhans, Jim Lane, Owen Williamson
Bureau Chiefs and National Contibutors, Juan Lopez (N. Calif.), Rossanna Cambron (S. Calif.), Joelle Fishman (Conn.), John Bachtell (Ill.), John Rummel (Mich.), Tony Pecinovsky (Mo.), Dan Margolis (N.Y.), Rick Nagin (Ohio), Libero Della Piana, Scott Marshall, Elena Mora, Emile Schepers, Jarvis Tyner, Sam Webb
- Peoples Weekly World April 25 1992 p 23
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- Peoples Weekly World, September 11, 1999
- Contact the People's World, accessed Dec. 27, 2010