Lance Cohn is a Chicago Communist Party USA activist.
Supported Communist Party call
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Greetings were sent from Lance Cohn of Illinois.
2000 Chicago PWW banquet
The 2000 banquet, held October 28 at the House of Fortune restaurant featured Congressman Danny Davis as guest speaker.
Local honorees were;
- Jarvis Williams, president SEIU local 46, and vice president Chicago AFL-CIO
- Alice Bush, director District 1199, SEIU Local and leader of last summer's strike against Methodist Hospital in Gary Indiana.
- Bea Lumpkin, author of "Always bring a crowd"
- Jesus Garcia, former member of the Illinois State Legislature and presently director of the Little Village Community Development Center.
Lance Cohn was a banquet organizer.
In 2001, Lance Cohn, then Illinois District Organizer, agreed to become the Midwest PWW Distribution Coordinator and help build the readership of the PWW in the Midwest and work with Fred Gaboury and others to develop a Midwest bureau.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Lance Cohn, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Communist Party USA
Joan Elbert, Barbara Russum, Bea Lumpkin, William Appelhans, Bill Mackovich, Carolyn Black, Carroll Krois, Dee Myles , Doug Freedman, Frank Lumpkin, John Bachtell, Kevin Collins, Lance Cohn, Mark Almberg, Marguerite Horberg, Martha Pedroza, Mike Giocondo, Pepe Lozano, Roberta Wood, Scott Marshall, Shelby Richardson, Sijisfredo Aviles, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano.
- ↑ PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- ↑ People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- ↑ Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19
- ↑ PWW October 7, 2000
- ↑ http://www.cpusa.org/article/view/58/
- ↑ http://www.pww.org/index.php/article/articleview/882/
- ↑ We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006