Laicie Olsonis a senior policy analyst Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, Council for a Livable World.
Laicie Olson is Senior Policy Analyst at the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, where her work focuses on military spending, weapons proliferation, and global security issues.
Olson has published research and been interviewed on military and defense-related spending in multiple venues and is a regular contributor to the blog Nukes of Hazard.
Olson holds a BA in Political Science from The George Washington University and an MA in International Relations from St. Mary’s University.
Sustainable Defense Task Force
The Sustainable Defense Task Force was formed in response to a request from Representative Barney Frank (D-MA), working in cooperation with Representative Walter B. Jones (R-NC), Representative Ron Paul (R-TX), and Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), to explore possible defense budget contributions to deficit reduction efforts that would not compromise the essential security of the United States.
The Project on Defense Alternatives coordinated the work of the Task Force. Carl Conetta drafted the main body of the Task Force report in ongoing consultation with Task Force members who developed or digested proposals from the diverse sources cited in the report. A sub-committee of the Task Force reviewed the final draft before publication.
- Carl Conetta, Project on Defense Alternatives
- Benjamin H. Friedman, Cato Institute
- William D Hartung, New America Foundation
- Christopher Hellman, National Priorities Project
- Heather Hurlburt, National Security Network
- Charles Knight, Project on Defense Alternatives
- Lawrence J. Korb, Center for American Progress
- Paul Kawika Martin, Peace Action
- Laicie Olson, Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation
- Miriam Pemberton, Institute for Policy Studies
- Laura Peterson, Taxpayers for Common Sense
- Prasannan Parthasarathi, Boston College
- Christopher Preble, Cato Institute
- Winslow Wheeler, Center for Defense Information
Council for a Livable World
As at March 12, 2010, Laicie Olson served as a staff member working on Military Policy on the board of the Council for a Livable World. The Council was founded in 1962 by nuclear physicist Leo Szilard and other scientists. Its purpose is to campaign against the proliferation of nuclear weapons through lobbying and by supporting candidates who share their vision.